LegacyGT.com

Any thoughts on rota wheels?

Joef

[url]http://www.rotawheels.com/formel.htm[/url] I am thinking of getting these wheels. A few questions though. Have you guys heard anything bad about these wheels? Is the 48mm offset correct for a legacy gt sedan ltd.? Because the wheel is 17 x 7.5 should i get wider tires than 215/45/17? Finally, which color would look best in your opinion, silver or steel grey? The color of the car is regal blue. Thanks for all the help. Joe

I 've had a set of Rota's (17"x7.5" Tarmak II's in Ti/Chrome) for about two weeks now. I mounted the stock 215's on there without a problem. I am really looking forward to replacing them 225's though. I have posted pics in the pics forum (black obsidian sticky) if you want to see. As far as your colour choice....I'm not sure....tough call.

In my opinion there isnt a beter wheel for the price. I have had 2 sets of Rota's and I have been very pleased with both sets. I had the Gold SDR's on my WRX and I now have the Tarmac II's in Full Royal Gold on my Legacy. -Matt

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='"ShaggyGT"[b']]In my opinion there isnt a beter wheel for the price. [/b]-Matt[/quote] I have to agree wholeheartedly. There were issues with a particular run of Rotas- the spokes would break during autocrossing- this was a particular batch and they fixed the problem. I figure someone is going to bring it up. I'm very happy with mine and have had no problems (other than the tire guy dropping one wheel on its' face the first day I had it!).

Those are some good looking wheels. I've heard nothing but good things about Rotas. Not sure if you should go wider, just remember to keep the overall diameter close to stock. I remember reading that the legacy uses a 48mm offset. My vote would be silver. That would make for a nice contrast.

I had a set of gold Rota Formels on my WRX, they were very nice wheels. Before that I had 2 other sets of Rotas, Tarmac I's and SDR's. I would have to say the Formels were probably my favorite of the three :) They make a steel gray with polished lip I think, that would look hot on the Legacy.

[quote name='ShaggyGT']In my opinion there isnt a beter wheel for the price. I have had 2 sets of Rota's and I have been very pleased with both sets. I had the Gold SDR's on my WRX and I now have the Tarmac II's in Full Royal Gold on my Legacy. -Matt[/quote] Do you have pics of those Tarmac II's on your legacy would really like to see that.

[quote name='Joef']http://www.rotawheels.com/formel.htm I am thinking of getting these wheels. A few questions though. Have you guys heard anything bad about these wheels? Is the 48mm offset correct for a legacy gt sedan ltd.? Because the wheel is 17 x 7.5 should i get wider tires than 215/45/17? Finally, which color would look best in your opinion, silver or steel grey? The color of the car is regal blue. Thanks for all the help. Joe[/quote] The factory GT wheels have a 55mm offset. See this thread: [url]http://legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=972&start=15[/url]

[quote name='outahere'][quote name='Joef']http://www.rotawheels.com/formel.htm I am thinking of getting these wheels. A few questions though. Have you guys heard anything bad about these wheels? Is the 48mm offset correct for a legacy gt sedan ltd.? Because the wheel is 17 x 7.5 should i get wider tires than 215/45/17? Finally, which color would look best in your opinion, silver or steel grey? The color of the car is regal blue. Thanks for all the help. Joe[/quote] The factory GT wheels have a 55mm offset. See this thread: [url]http://legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=972&start=15[/url][/quote] Thanks for the correction. There is still quite a bit to learn.

I always thought that while Rota's were a great price, they are more of a knockoff wheel. I apologize if I am wrong, but I thought that was the case. Looking at their design, it seems as though a lot of their designs are based on existing designs from WORK, Prodrive, SSR, Volk, etc. But for the money, ya cant beat 'em. :)

rota indeed is a knockoff wheel company.. they make cheap good lookin knockoffs of other major brands.... but for the price they r an awsome buy .. some question the quality of rotas as some people had issues with the rim actually breaking .. 1 persons rota slipstream actually broke off its spokes in an autocross event while driving hard.. those formels sure do look good tho and also their new action wheels... if i were on a budget i would definatly consider them , also they would make great winter wheels

Archived