LegacyGT.com

O2 Sensor/Sunroof

ADirtyLegacy

Is there a chronic problem with the O2 senors in lgt's? I got a CEL in early spring and I had to get it replaced, well the same symptoms are back that lead to the CEL, and infact the light has come on and gone off again twice. I called the local dealership and the service dude said there was a recall on them, but not for my model year. Anyone know anything about this, or have a sure-fire fix? Also, I have a slightly annoying issue with the sunroof. It opens fine, but when I go to close it, I push the button and it only closes about 1/4 of the way, then I have to let go of the button and repush it again to get the sunroof to close all of the way. Thoughts on if it is a switch problem or a sunroof track problem that maybe some grease will fix, or is this just teh way the sunroof's close? Kenda

im not sure how the double posting is happening :oops: i only hit the button once..i sware! i'll try to get the code pulled this week. i dont think all sunroofs do that b/c in my previous cars they didn't. now...im gonna only hit the button once..lets see what happens!

im not sure how the double posting is happening :oops: i only hit the button once..i sware! i'll try to get the code pulled this week. i dont think all sunroofs do that b/c in my previous cars they didn't. now...im gonna only hit the button once..lets see what happens!

Many Sunroofs do this.. Pretty much older ones without pinch protection will stop about 1/2 to 1/4 from closed and make you press again. This is to make sure that no limbs get caught and crushed. New cars have pinch protection built into the motor so they don't need to stop. Old cars (pre mid-90's) didn't care about protecting limbs to they don't stop either.

[quote name='ADirtyLegacy']im not sure how the double posting is happening :oops: i only hit the button once..i sware! i'll try to get the code pulled this week. i dont think all sunroofs do that b/c in my previous cars they didn't. now...im gonna only hit the button once..lets see what happens![/quote] My mother's 1998 4Runner does this upon close, as does my friend's 90 Toyota Cressida. It's a precautionary stop to ensure that you don't close it on anything (anyone?). Your double posting = pwnage. 8)

Yeh my front O2 sensor went bad after 30 miles - took them 4 days to diagnose it but it's been fine for a couple of hundred miles now. I think there is a bad batch of O2 sensors out there. This may be the cause of the stuttering problems as well. My acceleration was much smoother after the O2 sensor replacement. My sunroof stops halfway upon closing too...

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I'm 99% sure the 1/2 way setting according to the manual is the 'comfort' position for wind noise. All of the LTD's do that. I won't get into my personal beef with the lack of electronic smarts in a flagship car. It should be one touch with pinch-protection. PERIOD. You've just got to get used to it, or replace the control module.

Archived