LegacyGT.com

Which freaking wheels....ugh

madboy

Dammit Rota needs to makes 18 X 8 torques in silver. I think that would look the best. I like your other choices too though.

There's a group buy going no for Rota Torques in Hyper Silver. Check out the Group Buy forum.

I'm on the fence for the Rota Torques in Hyper Silver... they're the same price as the 5zigen Heidfeld Mesh, so I'm leaning towards going with the Heidfeld Mesh in Hyper Dark.

Dammit Rota needs to makes 18 X 8 torques in silver. I think that would look the best. I like your other choices too though.

You can get them. I am getting them. You have to wait a couple months to get them but you get free shipping, free lugs and a free T-shirt when they come in. Plus you only pay half up front and half when suby dude gets them and is ready to ship them to you. The list needs to be updated but we only need one more person to commit. ( they didn't add me to the list yet )

http://legacygt.com/forums/group-buy-forum/40337-hyper-silver-torques-group.html

There's a group buy going no for Rota Torques in Hyper Silver. Check out the Group Buy forum.

I'm on the fence for the Rota Torques in Hyper Silver... they're the same price as the 5zigen Heidfeld Mesh, so I'm leaning towards going with the Heidfeld Mesh in Hyper Dark.

Damn you beat me to it. I looked into the Heidfeld mesh. Some guy at my work has them they look very nice. But they weigh alot from what I remember something like 24-26lbs. But if weight is not a issue they look amazing.

I saw that post, I would sign up if I was ready to buy wheels, but I'm sticking with my stockers until next spring; I need to do the exhaust first. I like all of the topic creator's choices, our taste in wheels is very similar. But I think in the end, I'll go with the Torques provided I can get them in a lighter color. I think most of the gun metal colors look too dark on an ABP LGT.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Damn you beat me to it. I looked into the Heidfeld mesh. Some guy at my work has them they look very nice. But they weigh alot from what I remember something like 24-26lbs. But if weight is not a issue they look amazing.

:eek:

Holy smokes. I didn't know this. I thought they were in the 20-22 lb range. How much do the Rota Torques weigh?

I'm going to have to send an email to 5zigen to find out what the weight is.

same here. I didn't like any of the colors. The lightest they currently offer is the steel grey which is still to dark on my regal blue pearl. I think silver is a good color on a dark car. I wasn't planning on buying right now but I had to jump at the group buy. Plus you can pay $350 now and $350 in a month or two then buy the tires after that. I probably won't end up mounting mine until spring.

Mickey I tried to look up the weight and the only one I found was wheelspecs.com and they said its like 20lbs. I think it was somewhere here where someone had them and said they were heavy. Your best bet would be to email them or maybe PM someone here that has those rims. Sorry if I steered you down the wrong path. I could have swore I heard someone say they were really heavy.

I believe I heard that Wheelspecs is usually wrong about the weight of the wheels they post, so I wouldn't trust the 20 lbs.

They are probably lighter, more like 17 to 18 lbs in actuality. Rotas are supposed to be some of the lightest entry-level wheels. Xenonk would probably know.

my Rota Tarmac II 18x7.5 48mm are marked on the rim 690kg that is 15.2 lbs. if you put a declmal point in place. btw their hyperblack on a OBP LGT they look great. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

my Rota Tarmac II 18x7.5 48mm are marked on the rim 690kg that is 15.2 lbs. if you put a declmal point in place. btw their hyperblack on a ABP LGT they look great. bosco

Damn...15.2 lbs for 18's is really light!

:eek:

Holy smokes. I didn't know this. I thought they were in the 20-22 lb range. How much do the Rota Torques weigh?

I'm going to have to send an email to 5zigen to find out what the weight is.

I checked with two online vendors. The 5zigen Heidfeld Mesh weigh 20 lbs for the 18x7.5 version and less for the 17 version. The Heidfeld Mesh replaced the Heidfeld which was a lot heavier.

the wheels felt very light, i did not weight them i know i should have. go to Subydude: A Professional Suby Addict!! they sell Rota and will have the true weight. i'm just guessing the rim label is the weight, i've been wrong before.

bosco

I bet your guess is right, I think I remember hearing that the Tarmacs were 16 lbs or less. Anyway, 15.2 lbs sounds about right, the Rotas are supposed to be some of the lightest wheels out there. Gramlight 57C's by comparison are also around 16 lbs, and they're also around $300, Rotas are cheaper by far.

I bet your guess is right, I think I remember hearing that the Tarmacs were 16 lbs or less. Anyway, 15.2 lbs sounds about right, the Rotas are supposed to be some of the lightest wheels out there. Gramlight 57C's by comparison are also around 16 lbs, and they're also around $300, Rotas are cheaper by far.

the Rotas are very nice. finish is outstanding, hub centric, offset (48mm) is perfect, price, etc. i am very pleased with Rota just pick the style you want can't go wrong. got mine from subydude would recommend them also.

Goto Racing uses them at least they have a Rota decal so i guess they use them. LOL

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

SSR's are really nice, I would love to have a set, but the ones I like are around $350 and that's too much. In fact, I don't think you can touch an SSR wheel for under $300.

I still think the Rotas are the best deal out there for the money, and they would be cheaper to replace if you damaged one. I will definitely buy them from Subydude when I'm ready to get new wheels.

I am also looking at getting wheels, really want to get the Rota Tarmac III's in hyper black (silver sedan). I just spoke with Zobe from Subydude.com and he said the 18" Rota's weigh in at 20lbs. Definately heavier than stock but not that bad.

I am also looking at getting wheels, really want to get the Rota Tarmac III's in hyper black (silver sedan). I just spoke with Zobe from Subydude.com and he said the 18" Rota's weigh in at 20lbs. Definately heavier than stock but not that bad.

shipping weight?

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Actual wheel weight, I did a search earlier and found a posting by Rodan and the wheel (Tarmac II's) tire combo that he ran was 2lbs heavier than the stock LGT setup.

Just finished putting them on the car w/ Pirelli PZero Nero M&S...

Before I get the "TTIWWP" replies, I'll get some pics up tomorrow, when its light out....

Anyway, some specs:

Stock wheel/RE 92 on my bathroom scale = 42.5 lbs

Circumference at 10k miles = 77.125" for a diameter of 24.55"

Pirellis in 225/40-18 on the Rotas = 44.5 lbs

Rota Tarmac II 18x7.5 = 19.5 lbs

Circumference = 78.75" for a diameter of 25.06"

I was surprised to find the tire weighs more than the wheel...

Archived