LegacyGT.com

Can't stand driving my car anymore

I got my car back from being at the bodyshop for a month, and was missing it since driving around a grand prix for a month. The one thing I didn't miss was the rattles, my car has close to 10k miles on it and it rattles like crazy, the dash, the door, there is a creak in the driver pillar, it drives me nuts. I have some mental disorder when it comes to sounds, not just rattles, dogs, people tapping, any sort of vibrations, I can hear things that most people don't and it causes me stress and anxiety. So what do I do? I could trade my car in for something, but any other car I get has just as much of a chance of getting a rattle, I can hear buzzes and rattles in my sisters lexus.

Also will the dealership give me a hard time about the rattles if they see that the car has been in an accident, they have been there before the accident and the accident shouldnt have had an effect on the door and dash?

Maybe I just need to chill:icon_conf

Most cars have little rattles and sounds. I'd say just check around your car for something that would make the noise.

I usually have change laying around or personal belongings that rattle when the car moves. Not to mention my radar detector rattles with the winshield whenever I go over a bump. Just things of that nature..

alprazolam

:lol: :lol: :lol: OR.... Lorazepam (longer half-life), Clonazepam(klonopin), Diazepam and maybe an anti-psychotic or two?:icon_bigg:icon_wink or you could just do a search and find there are several "rattle-fix" threads and how to's posted.:)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I had the best rattle in my old car (a ford). It made all kinds of noises worse than rattles but this rattle in particular was strange. When I accelerated or braked harder it would do this every now and then. Even if I turned while moving quickly. I finally found it was this 1/2" threaded rod about 4" long (from NASA, part of a release pin from a micro-gravity drop tank) that was stuck under the drivers seat and it was just clunking around. That took 6 months to figure out.

My sunroof rattles after I hit a bigass pothole, and I'm dropping it off this Wed to get that looked at. The sunroof is unusable right now when opened because it just buzzes the entire time. The same pothole tore up a guys tire (another sitemember here) and he had to buy my one remaining RE-92 to get back on the road again.

I'm not sure which is worse, having the pothole blow a tire or screw up my sunroof.

:lol: :lol: :lol: OR.... Lorazepam (longer half-life), Clonazepam(klonopin), Diazepam and maybe an anti-psychotic or two?:icon_bigg:icon_wink or you could just do a search and find there are several "rattle-fix" threads and how to's posted.:)

Haha, been there done that, I have actually gotten rid of cars for rattles before, but I enjoy driving my car, and I don't really like listening to music while I drive, but I might just have to start doing it.

The weird thing is when I ride my motorcycle that thing rattles and clanks all over the place, the engine is one big rattle, but that never bothers me.

I guess I have survived these rattles for the last 1.5years in this car I should be able to manage, maybe with the help of some drugs or therapy.

Yesterday I had everything out of my car, all the pockets, glove box, cargo area.

well..

i have my golf clubs in my car.. in the sedan and hatchback, i could never hear the clubs... but in the wagon, since there is no barrier.. i hear my clubs all the time.. annoys the heck out of me.. but i like to have my clubs in my car so i can go whenever i get the chance... maybe i should get mittens for my clubs..

late,

k

I feel your pain i hate these rattles. Someone posted that its nothing $$$ can't fix. My questions is who will fix it for for $$$. I would be willing to spend money to have someone make all rattling stop. I agree with OP it annoys the crap outta me. And I do listen to music constantly but a car with 2 10inch subs is not THAT pleasent to listen to really loud music in all the time. The worst part... the most loud noise is from my aftermarket HU. Apparently they didn't do a good job tightening the screws or something inside the "cubby" because when the HU moves it makes this annoying high pitched squealing. Audio Planet (installer) should expect me there once i get my car back from the body shop to make a scene so they hopefully fix it for me for free.

The people here that say they have no rattles i bet I could ride in their car and pin point a few:icon_bigg

Even when my radio is loud I can here rattle, like I said I am really sensitive, I can here every little thing, it sucks to live like this.

My last vehicle had a few sounds that were anoying, the clutch pedal and the seat squeeked, both were fixed after several attempts by the dealer. It also had this rattle coming from the floor mounted transfercase shifter, the dealer couldnt resolve it, I actually didnt drive it for months because of it and I eventually figured it out, the linage for the shifter was making noise, and I wraped it in tape and it went away.

At some point I will start tearing apart my car to fix these if the dealer cant.

The people here that say they have no rattles i bet I could ride in their car and pin point a few:icon_bigg

Even when my radio is loud I can here rattle, like I said I am really sensitive, I can here every little thing, it sucks to live like this.

My last vehicle had a few sounds that were anoying, the clutch pedal and the seat squeeked, both were fixed after several attempts by the dealer. It also had this rattle coming from the floor mounted transfercase shifter, the dealer couldnt resolve it, I actually didnt drive it for months because of it and I eventually figured it out, the linage for the shifter was making noise, and I wraped it in tape and it went away.

At some point I will start tearing apart my car to fix these if the dealer cant.

Just be like me and go stand in the front at some good rock shows. You'll lose that fine tuned hearing then. ;)

Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Velvet Revolver single handedly destroyed my ability to hear really high frequencies and real quiet noises. Ignorance is bliss.

Go Cardinals!

Archived