LegacyGT.com

Is it illegal to?

+2

cbroo, not to bash, as I am empathetic to your situation but de-escalating the situation as much as possible will only hold in your favor. Again, not bashing you, just giving some friendly advice. Fight it in court, if you can.

Most officers do not make it personal when they pull someone over, some of them do when making citations, but that's usually not the norm. However, the very instant the person being pulled over makes it personal, that could change. That is, however, my experiences after bs'ing with the local law enforcement at the range.

-Jim

+3 I agree w/ Duke of Lawnchair and Orange Tea. One of my best friends is an officer here in TX, and believe me, shooting the bird won't get you anywhere (neither does having a radar detector). also, keep in mind, every time you are pulled over, you are on camera, and everything you do and say can be used against you. and yes, some cops are asshats, but lots aren't. Officers are simply doing their (very difficult and dangerous) job: keeping the public (which includes you) safe. it's nothing personal, really. The best thing to do is to is to speed on the race track, not the street. if you do get caught, be polite, cooperate, and take your medicine like a man.

In Colorado, your points do not get renewed when your 25 (maybe you get more points?). You are allowed something like 10-12 points in a given time period (I think two years).

About 2002, maybe 2003, I got pulled over doing about 90 on Sh 128 in-between hwy 93 & rocky flats. 2 days later I was busted again doing 50 on 30th in Boulder. Both tickets were 6 pointers, but either of them could have been worse. When one gets pulled over, there is not much that one can do. Be polite, don't admit guilt and take the ticket. Then hire a lawer and fight it out in court. One other thought, my friend was pulled over and asked to see the radar gun and was also refused. Apparently there is a law on the books stating that it is up to the officers discretion. Basically, they are not obligated to show you the gun in Colorado.

If I were you (and have been there before) I would be more worried about how your insurance company is going to stick it to you.

You like me and probably most LGT owners need to watch our speed, ESPECIALLY in town and residenital areas. I grew up in Denver and lived in Boulder. The Denver Police make LOTS of money doing speed traps and Boulder does the same. Since I moved to California, it's a lot easier to go faster because there's less enforcement and lots more roads. We can do 79 mph in most 65 zones on divided highways before most CHP will pull us over. When posted speeds are below 35 and when they drop it to 15 or 25, you need to go that speed and not +5 or 10. It's a game, save your license and the headaches and back off in town.

the judge/prosecutor (the one(s) with the discretion to chop your points in half) will no doubt be impressed beyond belief when you refer to the Bill of Rights as license to "flip a cop the bird."

seriously, though, I know you're just venting, it's very frustrating and a natural reaction to feeling like you're getting screwed, but be smart; and stop getting snagged ;)

Hey no offense but you kind of sound like a dumb, young punk. I mean hey you got caught... take your medicine like a man. They are doing a job, and you are in fact breaking the law, but there is no reason to make it personal... the police officer and state patrol officers aren't. Just slow down, and you will get to where you are going faster! It might be a good idea if you lose your liscence for a while, teach you that driving is a privalege, not a right.

+5 million

+2

cbroo, not to bash, as I am empathetic to your situation but de-escalating the situation as much as possible will only hold in your favor. Again, not bashing you, just giving some friendly advice. Fight it in court, if you can.

Most officers do not make it personal when they pull someone over, some of them do when making citations, but that's usually not the norm. However, the very instant the person being pulled over makes it personal, that could change. That is, however, my experiences after bs'ing with the local law enforcement at the range.

-Jim

Cops have bad days like everyone else. But my bad day is probably not from having to tell a mom I just scraped her teenage son off a concrete barrier; seeing the results of a drunken man after showing his wife who's boss; or having to walk up to a car that's being driven erratically with the chance the driver will stick a gun in my chest and leave my wife and kids without a dad. He deserves the respect due someone we pay to deal with these problems.

So, I put the interior lights on; keep my hands in plain view; give him my CCW and tell the officer I have a gun in my car if I do;

and don't argue with him.

If I think he's gonig to stick me with a ticket I don't deserve and don't want to answer incriminating questions, my response is, "Officer, I don't want to get in an argument with you," in a very emotionless tone (even if I'm pissed off). Usually they say nothing more, but I've never had to say that more than twice.

If it's night time and he starts asking questions about drinking, I say,"I'm happy to take whatever field sobriety tests you wish." Generally if you can pronounce field sobriety they believe you when you tell them you're not drunk driving.

In Germany there is a public insult law and you can be fined for such behavior. I have to say, though, based on your thread I would have given you a ticket as well.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Can I give the cops the middle finger and not get in trouble,or give them the heil.

Sure you can do it after getting your azz kicked, lol watch this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKovaE9jC8]YouTube - cops[/ame]

Not trying to be a dick but,maybe you should have slowed down after the 1st ticket knowing your point situation.

Captain Obvious also says giving a cop the finger or Sig Heiling him will only lead to more points.:icon_wink

+1 .... try slowing down FTW! :rolleyes:

Hey no offense but you kind of sound like a dumb, young punk. I mean hey you got caught... take your medicine like a man. They are doing a job, and you are in fact breaking the law, but there is no reason to make it personal... the police officer and state patrol officers aren't. Just slow down, and you will get to where you are going faster! It might be a good idea if you lose your liscence for a while, teach you that driving is a privalege, not a right.

So I got a lawyer and he's assing the problem and if your so high and mighty Silver05LegGTL why dont you come take my liscense from me tony robbins. Oh and you make it sound like were all young dumb punks driving suped up subarus. Why else would you own a 250hp car and not test it a little or open it up. So can you say that you havent got a speeding ticket in your life or does your wife make sure you keep it under fifty. and your from Jersey Silver05LegGTL you have no room talk, you crazy drivers.

Archived