LegacyGT.com

Limited Vin but non Limited Car

Does anyone else have a non limited 2.5i with limited vin? I bought an 06 2.5i SE, but realized soon after I got a quote from the insurance company that the car is Limited. Just wondering if there is anyone else out has the same anomaly.

Because the SE is basically a limited as far as trim the insurance company probably doesnt have a catagory for it, what does it come up as when you type it into carfax?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Even carfax the vehicle shows up as Limited. And for the last month or so, I've been paying the extra insurance on features I don't have. In fact, I was quoted an extra $120 a year extra for the limited. I dunno, if I should keep the title as limited or should I request it be downgraded.

That's not uncommon. My non-limited GT comes up as a Limited on my insurance also. I think they just didn't have a separate category. They might have fixed it now too though. Not really sure.

Even carfax the vehicle shows up as Limited. And for the last month or so, I've been paying the extra insurance on features I don't have. In fact, I was quoted an extra $120 a year extra for the limited. I dunno, if I should keep the title as limited or should I request it be downgraded.

Hmmm interesing I would contact SOA directly on this one.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Somehow I doubt you're paying an extra $120/yr on a trim package for the same vehicle! :eek:

I'd look into that.

How old are you? Being really young is the only thing I could think of that would cause that kind of spike in price for a trim package.

My nonlimited LGT shows correctly in carfax and insurance as non-limited.

However, I am just looking for a 2.5i SE for my wife and indeed according to carfax it appears as "limited".

The extra cost didn't really bother me that much. I was quoted at around $1250 a year. At the time, I thought if my car was ever totaled, I'd be submitting a claim for a Limited.

Now I'm wondering, for those who have a 2.5i with the same issure, if there are extra pre-wiring for features such as heated seats, heated mirror, stuff not standard on a 2.5i SE.

My nonlimited LGT shows correctly in carfax and insurance as non-limited.

However, I am just looking for a 2.5i SE for my wife and indeed according to carfax it appears as "limited".

But were you quoted at limited prices for insurance on the 2.5i? The thing is, even the special promotions I recieve from Subaru states that I have a Limited.

The following VIN Decode forum verifies that my 2.5i SE as a Limited.

http://legacygt.com/forums/subaru-legacy/4969-how-do-decode-your.html?highlight=vin+decode

Archived