LegacyGT.com

Tein H-techs + hidden hitch = clearance issue?

c-lo

was over at PGT's house today. talking about the possible clearance issues once I put the H-techs on. anyone having issues with this?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

When you say clearance, do you mean with the suspension and hitch or just the hitch clearance? I can't add anything on hitch to suspension clearance but I can tell you there isn't much clearance under the hitch and if you lower it an inch you may have problems. When I installed my hitch rack I would drag pulling up some hills. I ended up shimming the hitch and got another inch of clearance but I don't think I could lower the car.

When you say clearance, do you mean with the suspension and hitch or just the hitch clearance? I can't add anything on hitch to suspension clearance but I can tell you there isn't much clearance under the hitch and if you lower it an inch you may have problems. When I installed my hitch rack I would drag pulling up some hills. I ended up shimming the hitch and got another inch of clearance but I don't think I could lower the car.

yeah, I'm worried I'll be hitting the hitch on every speed bump I go over, every drive way I go into, etc....

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

welp, guess I'll just have to see what happens. thanks.

Archived