LegacyGT.com

Pics of the stock Subaru hitch on a sedan?

When I bought my car, one criteria I had was that the stock hitch fit. I brought the car back to the dealer to have this put on, and was told they made a mistake, it does not fit the sedan.

This was last year, not sure if there have been any updates, but I checked 2 dealers and they both told me it would not fit.

As I needed something quick, I ended up putting a uhaul hitch on there (whatever brand that is) and hate it. Its too low, sticks out too much etc. My car is lower than stock and the hitch is a PITA to get over speedbumps etc.

(just Fyi, I have no choice, I have a trailer I need on a weekly basis - should have bought a truck, but I love this car too much!)

If there is a stock hitch that fits the sedan, PLEASE let me know as I will be all over that (if it looks better than the uhaul - eg, more discrete)

When I went into my dealer to ask for one I was told that Subaru didn't make them for sedans. I was, however, able to get them to install a hitch appropriate for my car from another company.

;703637']Here's some info on the Hidden Hitch model which they say fits the 2005-6 Legacy sedan.

AFAIK the original Hidden Hitch with the round horizontal tube is discontinued, and they now sell a rebadged Drawtite hitch. If I'm mistaken, please correct me. And tell me where to get a round tube HH ;)

Archived