LegacyGT.com

2.5i / 2.5i SE - heated seats or not?

I searched, but the search was inconclusive. People were saying that seats in 2.5i and GT have the same part numbers, which would indacte they have heating elements, so getting heated seats would be matter of plopping the switch in.

Did anyone verify it? I am considering buying a 2.5i SE for my wife and it would be nice if I was the case...

I kind of doubt it. Why would SOA waste money putting a heating element into a seat and not using it verses just adding the switch and offering more value? That doesn't make sense from either a marketing or cost contol perspective.

:orly: many times, making one SKU with more features costs less than making three SKU's with varying degrees of features. If you read up on it, 2.5i owners report a wiring harness on the seats....what's it for?

my neighbor has a 2.5i wagon, but she's antisocial. Should I go knock on her door?

:lol: "M'am - can I borrow your car for ten minutes to see if you've got heated seats please? Some guys on the int4rw4b want to know" :lol::hide:

my neighbor has a 2.5i wagon, but she's antisocial. Should I go knock on her door?

:lol: "M'am - can I borrow your car for ten minutes to see if you've got heated seats please? Some guys on the int4rw4b want to know" :lol::hide:

I'd love you to do that. Especially if you could video tape the incident :lol:

i believe somebody did try and it did not work --- although the seats are basically the same-there was no heating element in the 2.5i seat (if i recall --- this was a several months ago)

Sucks then...

Archived