LegacyGT.com

Dings and Dents

ntadime

Welcome to 2006!

Unfortunately, I think most late model cars are very prone to dents and dings as the OEM's go to as thin of gauge sheetmetal as possible for cost/weight reasons. Good news is that those dent guys are usually pretty impressive! Just try and be careful where you park, I guess.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I have one dent on the left rear passenger door, that can seem very big at certain angles but could not have been created from more than a door ding. It irratates me because i didn't know it was there for months.

Ok.....so I was on my way home one Sunday and I stop a local supermarket. I pick a spot away from anyone (like always.) I walk back to the car and what is parked right next to me? (in a virtually empty PARKING LOT; An H2!

What's in my door, a LARGE DENT. I wouldn't say ding, and it is right in the cease by the top. I was pissed.

I walked into the store and has the H2 owner paged. She comes out all in denial. I say...why don't you open the door.

She opened the door and it fit perfectly into the dent. SHe prompty yells at her kid (takes no blame for parking to close to me in an empty lot.

Anyway...she gives me her number. I got the door fixed and sent her the bill. She payed up. I used a PDR, but I can still see signs of the dent. I guess, for now, it is better than getting the door repainted.

sorry for the Hijack.....

I have on other minor ding to get done now...but so far that is it (in a year and a half.) I always park in left field to try to stay clear.

Yeah thats a nother thing, i always try to park away from all the cars at malls, and supermarkets and i come back after liek 30 minutes and my spot is swarming with other cars :(

You're lucky you had an H2 beside you... first week of ownership, I had a shopping cart parked into my passenger door. Can't page the owner of the cart, can't page the idiot that pushed it into the door..

I'm gonna have to set up some sorta video surveillance or something when I'm not around.

I've used Dent Wizard and they really are very good.

Anyway, so I come to work and scout out the parking. I try to park so my driver door is close to the car to my left, thinking that the car on my right will have extra door opening room and I'm protected.

Except I forget that here, people insist on backing into head on parking, usually the worst drivers who have to go back and forth blocking traffic until they put the butt of the car where they want it. So now I have driver doors opening on both sides!ANd it is unpredictable, you never know.

Where I grew up(unnamed large northeastern city) we are required by law to drag peolple trying to back into head on parking out of there cars and beat some sense into them.

Rant over, I feel better.

Cheers

I have one dent on the left rear passenger door, that can seem very big at certain angles but could not have been created from more than a door ding. It irratates me because i didn't know it was there for months.

i have that same ding is it long and thin??:icon_conf

Dings and Dents suck. i brought my car to the shop yesterday for full detailling/ding and dent removal/fixing scraping on the front bumper and i cant wait for the bill. I also am under the impression that our doors ding and dent especailly easily because of how hard i try to park away from anyone else and how often i get dings and dents (if this wasn't my third time to PDR i would have like 5 dents from doors on each side). It sucks but at least my LGT still goes fast...

$100 later and the dents are gone.

Anyone have trouble with scratches on the top of the rear bumper from removing items in the trunk? I got one. A guy in town has a scratch removal business. He goes to dealers and fixes them. He carries 800 differnet pants and all the reference books with him, uses incredibly thin brushes . HE's taking the scratch out for $20. He recommends this tape made by 3M that has a black textured surfsce he cuts to fit on the top of the bumper to protect it. Think I might have that done as well.

Moonroof being installed in Sept.

Archived