LegacyGT.com

Custom FMIC by Precision Tuning

Bigltfp

oh man, sorry. I've heard mixed reviews of Automaster. I met Rob once & he's a nice guy & all but the results seem to be very mixed from them.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes that was my car. It seems the general concesous was the tune was garbage. I had continued to have boost issues and the car never really ran properly. Rob had said it was a mechanical issue that needed to be sort out @ PT. Said it was probably a boost leak somewhere. I figured the car was fine and I would resolve it when I could get down to PT. Then about 3 months later, the car entered into what I've been told is sfe mode. I am not a tuner nor do I know why things happened. I went to PT, they cleared the code said it was knock and misfire. I that time we decided I should seek out a new tune. Went to Al and that's what resulted when he put it on the Dyno for a baseline. I don't know what my A/F was when it left automaster as I never got a dyno printout despite about 4 requests. I kind of eventually gave up on getting it after a few months...Now the engine is blown and I getting a new one..that's about it.

Lonnie

Sorry to hear about your story.

It's really hard finding a good local tuner in the Tri-State area.

Sorry to hear about your story.

It's really hard finding a good local tuner in the Tri-State area.

+1

maybe PT can fill that void with their own tuner.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1

maybe PT can fill that void with their own tuner.

Seriously, I hope so.

I was very anxious about Automaster because they're the closest but as already stated there's just too much good and bad news flying around about them. I haven't ruled them out 100% yet but this incident doesn't exactly build any confidence in me.

oh man, sorry. I've heard mixed reviews of Automaster. I met Rob once & he's a nice guy & all but the results seem to be very mixed from them.

Rob was a really nice guy. When I was in a pinch with the car stuck @ PT because it had no tune, he did send down a tune so I could limp to his shop. I did also pay him for what he did including the time on the dyno when the IC hose popped off and I had to return to PT for a fault BOV spring. I am not bad mouthing Rob. I was never a hundred percent satisfied, but at the time I hadn'y had my car for almost 2 months, so 90% was good enough for me. In hindsight, I regret not really pushing the issue, or having another tuner look at it sooner, but how was I to know something was so drastically wrong. I am not happy that my car blew up. But bad things happen; it's a cost of going the upgrade route. Like they say "you have to pay to play". I just hate paying for things that could have been avoided.

LG

Rob was a really nice guy. When I was in a pinch with the car stuck @ PT because it had no tune, he did send down a tune so I could limp to his shop. I did also pay him for what he did including the time on the dyno when the IC hose popped off and I had to return to PT for a fault BOV spring. I am not bad mouthing Rob. I was never a hundred percent satisfied, but at the time I hadn'y had my car for almost 2 months, so 90% was good enough for me. In hindsight, I regret not really pushing the issue, or having another tuner look at it sooner, but how was I to know something was so drastically wrong. I am not happy that my car blew up. But bad things happen; it's a cost of going the upgrade route. Like they say "you have to pay to play". I just hate paying for things that could have been avoided.

LG

Wow you're taking it very well.

So do you know if Precision Tuning is still referring people to Rob at Automaster? I heard that they were sending people up there anytime they were asked about a Protune.

Wow you're taking it very well.

So do you know if Precision Tuning is still referring people to Rob at Automaster? I heard that they were sending people up there anytime they were asked about a Protune.

I don't know if they're not reccomending it, but I know they saw what happened to my car so who knows....

I have to take it well....what choice do I have :) .

LG

Archived