LegacyGT.com

Custom FMIC by Precision Tuning

Bigltfp

It's still there...hopefully I'll be getting it today but there is a delay. Apparently I got a defective Cobb AP unit(due to the serial cable) which was just revealed yesterday when they tried to upload the temp map. Now we have to wait for the pack to come overnight...should be coming this morning although who knows.

Lonnie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ugh, that blows. Can't blame PT for it though (I'm not saying you were).
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

ugh, that blows. Can't blame PT for it though (I'm not saying you were).

Never Would....They have always taken care of me and my cars. They did my last Stage 4 WRX...which is why I'm back with the Lego..

LG

Right, that's what I mean. You weren't blaming them & it's not their fault. They kick ass over there!!!
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Well car is ready to be limped out of the PT shop..only problem is the Dyno-tuner has nothing open until Monday now that I missed today's appointment. Oh well, one more weekend without my car....I wouldn't be so bad but that's like well over a Grand in car payments and Insurance and I get to drive around my parents crappy Ford Explorer....Well I knew what I was getting myself into. At least it'll be like driving a new car agin. I think I 've had the car for less time than I haven't had it...lol

Lonnie

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finally got it tuned by Rob over at Automaster of Westchester. The car put down approx 310whp/310wtq (it think 308 to be exact but I'm waiting on the graph to be emailed to me). This was on the Automaster Dyno Dymnamics dyno. From what I'm told the stock LGT's put down approx 165 whp on this machine and stock STI's around 200whp. The car pulls like a beast. There is a small boost issue that needs to be resolved, which according to Rob could net and addition 10-20 whp. Boost is kinda comming in two stages hitting 16 staying there then moving towards 20. Only slightly affecting peak numbers, moreso area under the line is affected. Just thought I'd thow an update.

Lonnie

that's awesome. I gotta check this ride out in person. Rob is a good guy. I went & checked out automaster one day & spoke to him for about 30 mins. Never had anything done there though but they had some sick cars there. Precision is awesome too. If I hadn't just bought a house I'd be hookin my wagon up at one or both of those places but extra money is non-existant for me right now:lol:

... The car put down approx 310whp/310wtq (it think 308 to be exact but I'm waiting on the graph to be emailed to me).

:woowoo: Awesome number's! Especially from a 05h wheel & 7cm housing. Can't wait to see the graph, wondering if it taper's up top or not...

This was on the Automaster Dyno Dymnamics dyno. From what I'm told the stock LGT's put down approx 165 whp on this machine and stock STI's around 200whp...

:icon_surp !!! Only 165whp for a LGT, that is a LOW reading DD, likely one of the lowest I have heard of. Not that it matter's, they are just a tuning tool, but still what a heartbreaker. Talk about making you feel small.....I was thinking about going there to do some pulls, but I'm not so sure I want to now:icon_cry:

From what I'm told the stock LGT's put down approx 165 whp on this machine and stock STI's around 200whp.

Some people didn't believe Rallitek when they said there LGT stock only put down around 180. It looks like this dyno is even lower!

Yeah I spoke w Rob....and he confirmed that it was indeed a "heartbreaker". The car pulls insane..especially once the second surge of boost kicks in. I really need to resolve the boost pause. It'll get sorted out eventually. I am actually probably doing the brakes in the next two weeks, b/c the stockers (warped after 2k miles) just aren't gonna cut it. Keeping stock calipers but upgrading rotors pads ,lines and fluid.

LG

How much was your tuning at AMW? How long were you there as well? Did you check it out before you decided to get tuned there or did you just take a chance?

So far as cost it was 400, but I was kind of stuck. Precision Tuning had a guy that did protunes..but he flaked and disappeared with the computer and the key for the program to tune. So I was stuck in that I needed AM to email a limp map so I could get there from Brick, Nj. I called MSPT but they didn't have any spot for me for 2 weeks. Also it cost me a litttle more b/c I was on the dyno the first time for an hour or two and had an intercooler pipe pop off and it turned out the BOV spring was to soft and the seliniod couldn't control the boost...

Lonnie

So far as cost it was 400, but I was kind of stuck. Precision Tuning had a guy that did protunes..but he flaked and disappeared with the computer and the key for the program to tune. So I was stuck in that I needed AM to email a limp map so I could get there from Brick, Nj. I called MSPT but they didn't have any spot for me for 2 weeks. Also it cost me a litttle more b/c I was on the dyno the first time for an hour or two and had an intercooler pipe pop off and it turned out the BOV spring was to soft and the seliniod couldn't control the boost...

Lonnie

Thanks for your reply. How was your impression of AM's shop and their abilities? Hopefully they don't tune for just plain numbers but rather take reliability into mind as well.

• 6 months later...
I thought rob did a great job...not just for max numbers. Very professional shop.I still have that boost issue. But so far so good.

LG

Bumping this thread.......I'm sure this is you:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207540&highlight=quiz

Has the car since been fixed?

So it took a few months before you realized that something was wrong? Was it just the colder weather?

(http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=910617&postcount=9)

^^ refer to http://www.precisiontuning.com/06/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=5

no cutting the bumper

Bump. I saw this car a PT this weekend. Said the engine went down. Sucks....was this a tuning issue?

AFAIK PT didn't tune this car. There was word they were getting a dyno & a tuner but I haven't been there in a long time so I don't know if they ever did. I have to give PT a big thumbs up on the mechanical stuff though.

Bumping this thread.......I'm sure this is you:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207540&highlight=quiz

Has the car since been fixed?

So it took a few months before you realized that something was wrong? Was it just the colder weather?

(http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=910617&postcount=9)

Yes that was my car. It seems the general concesous was the tune was garbage. I had continued to have boost issues and the car never really ran properly. Rob had said it was a mechanical issue that needed to be sort out @ PT. Said it was probably a boost leak somewhere. I figured the car was fine and I would resolve it when I could get down to PT. Then about 3 months later, the car entered into what I've been told is sfe mode. I am not a tuner nor do I know why things happened. I went to PT, they cleared the code said it was knock and misfire. I that time we decided I should seek out a new tune. Went to Al and that's what resulted when he put it on the Dyno for a baseline. I don't know what my A/F was when it left automaster as I never got a dyno printout despite about 4 requests. I kind of eventually gave up on getting it after a few months...Now the engine is blown and I getting a new one..that's about it.

Here is the Tuning thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17138822&page=2&highlight=quiz

And here is the result:

http://www.precisiontuning.com/forum/showthread.php?p=702#post702

Additionally, the FMIC required no cutting and retained the fog lights etc. So far as the bumber beam...the stock one was not modified but I beleibve the core might be reinforced, although PT would be the best guys to ask. In any case....funny thing is before they did the compression test car was still able to put down 296 whp with on 3 cylinders.....

As I said I am not a tuner and cannot truly claim to know exectly what went wrong. I only know what I was told and that my engine blew after about 5k miles...which doesn't seem right. I had a stage 4 WRX that ran with a vf39 and and was tuned by Jermiane and Nathan of TXS and that ran for 15-20k miles with no problems except a blown diff and a fried clutch.

Lonnie

Archived