LegacyGT.com

Paint came off from water hose!!

I was washing my car this weekend and had one of teh adjustable spray nozzles on. This is the kind of nozzle that lets you change from mist, cone, jet, full, etc. I had it on jet, which is a stringer spray, to help get some of the intial dirt and muck off. Well, on the back bumper driver side, the paint came off on about a 2" area. The bumper has never been damaged or repainted so I'm a little miffed to say the least. What are my options? Thanks,

Kyle

we're not talking about using a pressure washer here, right? Didnt sound like it - but just making sure becuase i've seen those peel paint off if you hold them in one place too long.

otherwise, yes - take pictures and get the dealer to repaint under warranty...

Warranty claim. I also use a pressure washer all the time and no problems. Are you sure that the bumpers were not repainted before you bought the car? If they were and you bought the car as "new," the dealer could be in some deep doo doo.

Sounds like it was repainted to me.

I had the front bumper cover replaced on my 99 Legacy GT. A month later, I took half the paint off with a regular garden hose and spray nozzle. Found out that a step was missed when it was prepped prior to painting.

<TommyBoy>What'd you doooooooo?</TommyBoy>

There's always the chance that it was "touched up" before you bought it. Cars get damaged during transport all the time.

Subaru should fix that for you.

Archived