LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Evo VIII

Who would you think would win?

Stock LGT vs Stock Evo 8

Stage 1 LGT vs Evo 8

Just curious...my buddy wants to race me and he has an Evo.

Evo will own you stock you'll have a better chance stage 1 but still lose.

This does not qualify as a kill story. For all we know they could be planning to race at a controlled enviroment, like a track.

Good point and when it happens post it up in the Motorsports section :)

Doesn't a chipped stock Evo make 300+ WHP?

Welcome back Panamajack!

no chips for the evo, at least its not the popular choice...but an evo with an mbc and tune will probabl do 250-260awhp

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

no chips for the evo, at least its not the popular choice...but an evo with an mbc and tune will probabl do 250-260awhp

^ No "chips," but definitely popular with EM reflashes. DynoFlash is a well-known choice, as is ECUTek.

With a reflash and tune on the very same dyno (Buschur Racing's heartbreaker Mustang), done right after my LGT (ECUTek'ed, Cobb "Stage II"cusom-tune-comparable; exception of Perrin Short Ram plus stock 3rd cat and cat-back), an otherwise stock MR put down nearly 40 more wHP and wTQ than my tuned vehicle.

The same MR, prior to reflash, put down about 10 wHP/wTQ less than my tuned LGT.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ +1 emphatically.

Look at the numbers (including cost-per-"return") from the "Evo -vs- WRX/STi/STI" shootouts.

Spend just a couple of grand on an Evo, and it's a rocket - much more "responsive," this manner, than STi/STIs.

At "true" custom-tune "Stage II" equivalency, the LGT -vs- an otherwise totally stock Evo, speaking in terms of the MR, becomes a matter of driver skill.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived