LegacyGT.com

Legacy L versus GT 2002 / 2003 - what's the difference

I am looking at buying a 2002 / 2003 Legacy L, GT, or Outback. I understand the outback has the dual color and sits a little taller than the L or GT but I do not know what the difference between the L and GT are. I am looking to purchase a manual 5 speed car.

Please let me know the difference.

Thanks,

Scott

The GT has the sunroof, wood trim, no leather. Limited and high end outbacks had leather. The GT suspension is supposed to be "sport-tuned" but I think the rear springs are the same between the L and GT.

If you are going to mod the suspension then save money and buy the L unless you want a sunroof.

This site has all the answers:

Subaru Research: Outback, Legacy, Forester, Impreza, B9 Tribeca, WRX, STi, spec.B... all models, years, 2007, 2006, 2005..

I had an '01 LGT then traded it for an '04 Legacy SE "35th Anniversary Edition" (which was available starting at the end of '03 as '03's). Except for limited slip rear end and variable intermittant wipers they were the same car. The standard "L" had black body side molding instead of body color, wheel covers, no sunroof, no foglamps. Most other things were the same. To get Leather, you needed to get the Limited, but it wasn't available in wagons during some of those years.

Archived