LegacyGT.com

TEINS flex with EDFC Updates Please

Dazma

Really interested in this combination and was wanting a little feedback from members that have had them on for a while.

How are they holding up?

Any issues you have faced post install?

Do you regret getting them or are you as keen about them as the day you bought them?

Is the EDFC unit a worthwhile investment?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

ive had the Flex/EDFC for about 20k miles. Holding up great, EDFC is a nice to have but not necessary. I do use it, especially when the wifes in the car.

So it does make signigicant difference to the ride? I think my wife will really appreciate it!:lol: :lol:

Have any of you used a Spring set up (other than stock) before and how would you compare it to the coilovers?

I think the EDFC would be very usefull to me if it changes the ride quality (stifness) significantly ... any comments?

I haven't used springs on the LGT, but I did use springs (Eibach Pro Kit) and shocks (KYB AGX) on my talon. It's an apples to oranges comparison of cars, but the coilovers will generally be the better all around "fit" in my opinion.

My opinion is based on the general consensus that spring X is not developed with shock Y in mind. It's developed with a given spring rate and for a given car. When you supply shock Y, that is developed with a certain spring and car in mind (sometimes the stock spring, sometimes not). Putting X and Y together won't always give you desirable results as they weren't necessarily made to go together. Valving, spring rates, etc may not work well with one another.

Compare that to a coilover where the springs and dampers are made together, and I feel that you're getting a better matched system. Add that to the adjustability that a coilover gives you (in terms of ride height and dampening) and I think it's the better choice.

I haven't used springs on the LGT, but I did use springs (Eibach Pro Kit) and shocks (KYB AGX) on my talon. It's an apples to oranges comparison of cars, but the coilovers will generally be the better all around "fit" in my opinion.

My opinion is based on the general consensus that spring X is not developed with shock Y in mind. It's developed with a given spring rate and for a given car. When you supply shock Y, that is developed with a certain spring and car in mind (sometimes the stock spring, sometimes not). Putting X and Y together won't always give you desirable results as they weren't necessarily made to go together. Valving, spring rates, etc may not work well with one another.

Compare that to a coilover where the springs and dampers are made together, and I feel that you're getting a better matched system. Add that to the adjustability that a coilover gives you (in terms of ride height and dampening) and I think it's the better choice.

Great Info ... just checked out your videos ... looks like a lot of fun :icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I also just have the tien flex. they are great. In a couple weeks ill be installing the tien flex with the edfc on a car. ill post up how they work then.

Have you ever got EDFC ?

Anyone know how much does it cost to rebuild Tein Flexes? (or other brand coilovers for that matter). And where to send them for rebuild?

Tein USA site does not even suck, it's just disgrace to WWW and insult to present and potential customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Fellas -

edfc update. Been riding around with this for a couple of months now.

Very nice to be able to adjust from inside the cabin. I do this everyday. My commute takes me from backroads to highway to city (=pothole). Switching to the softest setting makes all the difference in the city.

Have two issues so far. First, the device is quite noisy and makes the AM radio almost impossible to listen to (traffic reports are mandatory!). I plan to correct this with a filter at some point.

Second, the unit has been going into error mode on a daily basis now. What happens is it will beep and throw up an error code indicating it has lost communication with the front motors. Usually power cycling helps, if not on the next startup it is ok. Wiring seems good. Main power off of the lighter, meters correctly at a standstill. I need to troubleshoot this further.

Will post a followup as soon as I get more info.

I have only had the Flexes with EDFC for a week but so far I really like them a lot. I went with a fairly agressive drop too, almost two inches all around. On the softest setting it is virtually identical to stock (maybe just slightly bouncier).

Living in Michigan, I travel over some really terribly broken roads but also some very smooth fast interstates. It's really nice to be able to switch back and forth as necessary to keep the ride I want.

When I take it to the track, being able to quickly stiffen things up while I'm there, but still have a comfortable ride home will also be really nice.

So, IMO, it's an expensive setup but totally worth it.

Archived