LegacyGT.com

I've lost my hesitation after the SPT Intake Install

2mchbst

I was thinking about it today. Since I've installed the SPT intake my hesitation has pretty much disappeared. Anyone else experience this? The sound takes a little getting used to, but it's grown on me a little. I especially like that my mileage doesn't drop below 23mpg in the city. I'm going to have to romp on it some tomorrow to confirm this phenomenon.

I've had the intake on the car for 2weeks now and have driven over 600miles. yes I pulled the power. This morning was cool and I tried and it did hesitate some while the engine was cool. After it warmed up I couldn't get it to do it.

23MPG... wow. You must not drive it that hard. Some people around here get great mileage, while I get 18MPG city at most. Right now my average is 19MPG but that is with a little highway in the average.

Damn. Good to hear you like the intake.

I've been running mine for about a month now @ 4000+ miles. The studdering is pretty much nonexistant. Just a hint once in a while.

I can easily get the indicated mpg to read into the 27's on my commute. I can probably push 28 if I don't haul ass on certain sections of roads. It tends to read 1-1.5 high. Normally my commute will get about 25-26 mpg.

• 1 month later...
I had a significant increase in hesitation (warmed-up engine) with the SPT intake installed. Not to mention ugly sounds in the mid range. Re-install of factory air box / panel filter took care of the hesitation. And my wife's comments....

Archived