Life of your Legacy

How long will you own it?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How long will you own it?

• I drive em till they die
    • I intend to upgrade to something new in a few years
    • I have no clue
    • 8 to 10 years is good

It's a movie and it was researched. Generally, actors, musicians and other entertainers have higher than average IQs. One only has to look at the current resident of the White House to see that many politicians aren't quite all there. Putting together a movie is equivalent to a post graduate degree in terms of planning and execution. Actors have access to the same information as the rest of us geniuses.

it doesnt matter if it was researched. there are scientists with doctorate degrees that don't believe in evolution. maybe there was someone smart behind the movie, but george clooney adds no credibility.

i dont understand the whole "putting together a movie is equivalent to a post graduate degree in terms of planning and execution" thing. First of all, putting together a movie is nothing like a graduate degree. secondly, stupid people can put together movies but they cant get graduate degrees and conversely, brilliant people can get graduate degrees but they can't put together movies. your analogy is worthless. they have access to information but it doesnt mean they use it, and it certainly doesnt mean they use it without partisan.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woa woa.. whats politics have to do with how long you keep your car? who cares what celebrities do? unless you are one, its none of our concern imo. if you are an environmentalist, buy a prius or something, do YOUR part.. and let the rest of us be.

to get back to the original topic..

in 03 I bought a new truck.. then in 05 I traded in that new truck for this new car, I have no idea what the future holds for me however cos I feel there are more important expenditures in life. the vehicle I had before the truck was 7 years and 80k miles old, I only liked it for 5 of those 7 years, but it was a ford suv, and I guess my blood was too high of an octane to run with that vehicle. The truck was fun cos it was 4wd and could take it through a mud hole occasionally as well as tow a few things, it fit the whole GA boy thing, but I still drove it too fast for the vehicle.. this one.. it seems to fit me very well. My only regret is that I listened to my friends and passed on the black 02 vette :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

it doesnt matter if it was researched. there are scientists with doctorate degrees that don't believe in evolution.

Those types would be in the tiniest of minorities.

maybe there was someone smart behind the movie, but george clooney adds no credibility.

He's as credible as anyone else. Just ask Paul "The oil will pay for the invasion" Wolfowitz.

i dont understand the whole "putting together a movie is equivalent to a post graduate degree in terms of planning and execution" thing. First of all, putting together a movie is nothing like a graduate degree. secondly, stupid people can put together movies but they cant get graduate degrees and conversely, brilliant people can get graduate degrees but they can't put together movies. your analogy is worthless. they have access to information but it doesnt mean they use it, and it certainly doesnt mean they use it without partisan.

Specious logic. Making a main stream theatrical release is extremely complicated. It must be planned and executed just like a post graduate degree. If it were easy, everyone would do it. All have their point of view. Some points of view, however, are more grounded in fact that others.

I know I contributed to this earlier, but this really is long off the topic, and continuing to diverge.

A general chat thread would be more appropriate for this discussion.

back to discussion on long or short term legacy ownership.

One of the reasons I am planning to buy a subaru, and even considering buying a used one, rather than a new-something-else, is the prospect that the car will last 8-10 years or longer.

Some others, I would be planning on trading much sooner than that, or not consider buying.

Archived