LegacyGT.com

About the headlights....

The yellow and white headlights will be from the USDM photos (with the yellow indicator assembly) whilst the all white will be the JDM photos, with a 'yellow' bulb, giving the appearance of an all white light assembly. I assume that US regs mean the assembly has to have yellow glass and not just a yellow bulb.

What sucks is every state is prettymuch different. Some allow more clear corners with amber bulbs, some say amber corners. I think they go with the most general of all regulations. But that's just what I've heard. I think I may end up doing the bake method for removing the amber.

[quote name='MSB']The yellow and white headlights will be from the USDM photos (with the yellow indicator assembly) whilst the all white will be the JDM photos, with a 'yellow' bulb, giving the appearance of an all white light assembly. I assume that US regs mean the assembly has to have yellow glass and not just a yellow bulb.[/quote] damn those bastards. hahahah. i actually find the all white assembly lights much nicer....gives it a more sport look.

Yeah, I am going to have to do something about the orange turn signal. It really seems to funk up the front look of the car. I don't really want to bake my lights though. I wonder how much a set of EDM lights would cost.. uh oh! another car that I want EDM lights for.. CRAP!

[quote name='Gumby']Who really notices if the corners/side markers are clear anyway? Unless you're consciously looking for it.[/quote] a lot of people. You may look at a car on not realize what doesn't look right or as good, but then put it next to another car with clear corners and tell me which looks better. Once you notice how much better it looks with clear, you'll always notice. BMW is a good example to compare their 3 series w/ amber vs. M3 which I believe comes w/ clear. HUGE difference.

[url]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/497902/1[/url] Yet another link I've come across, it shows some pictures of the US models that I haven't seen posted here. It shows the yellow indicators and the big bottom lip of a bumper. Don't know if it me, but the bumper changes the whole shape of the front of the car and makes the bonnet/hood look to slope down more than on the JDM/EDM cars. I assume it has been posted by SOA due to all the facts and figures that go with the pictures.

and we're back to the bumper! :lol: (I'm with ya on that one ;) ) MSB, do your gauges look similar to those on that cardomain site? I'm trying to figure out if the cool shots are just from the lighting or this picture is a bad one or what. [img]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/497000-497999/497902_16_full.jpg[/img]

I think that is a bad picture, i'll try and take one later and post it. It has the same layout, but that picture makes the display look rather bland. As for the bumper i've always thought the USDM bumper didn't suit the car, but after seeing those pictures it makes the car look a lot different - don't know if I would have gone for it as much if I saw as USDM at the Subaru Dealer.

[quote name='MSB']I think that is a bad picture, i'll try and take one later and post it. It has the same layout, but that picture makes the display look rather bland. As for the bumper i've always thought the USDM bumper didn't suit the car, but after seeing those pictures it makes the car look a lot different - don't know if I would have gone for it as much if I saw as USDM at the Subaru Dealer.[/quote] Thanks. As for the appearance for initial viewing at the dealership, that's the "fear". Then again, the better crash testing will hopefully bring in even more than would be put off by the looks.

EuroNCAP results Subaru Legacy Outback Safety Rating: 4 out of 5 "Euro NCAP chose an estate version of the Legacy for testing because these sell in greater numbers than saloons. The all-wheel-drive Outback performed well: its cabin remained intact after the frontal impact, the driver’s door opened normally afterwards (a good safety feature) and the footwell retained its shape. Impact forces fed through to the driver’s chest were relatively high, but the children were particularly well protected. Safety information given on labels in the car and on the seats was clear and thorough. The older child used an ISOFIX restraint fitted with a top tether, which improves stability. The side impact result was also very good but pedestrian protection was judged to be poor." Don't know if the US tests are more strict, also will Panama have to get the USDM?

We currently have the same as Europe. The dealer was trying to convert to all US cars since they are now bringing the USDM STi since December. Looks like that isn't working out, so here we will have the 2.0, 2.5, and later a 3.0. The Outback can be ordered with the 3.0 already, so I don't know why they are waiting on the Legacy. Could be a lack of perceived demand. As a general rule, Latin America and the caribbean gets LHD Euro models, though the Euro STi has never been sold. The dealer in Costa Rica actually told me that since their Imprezas come from Japan, they can only get the JDM STi which requires too high octane fuel. When I told them that the euro and US STi models came from the same factory, they had nothing to say. Idiots. I'm moving back to the US on March 11, so it won't affect me anymore. I'd say that the best advantage of getting many euro models/versions down here has been the availability of the Audi RS4, Alfa Romeo 156, ClioSport V6 and 172, and of course Impreza GT & Evo's, and BMW 330 touring wagon w/ SMG I. Since Evos are sold, I never understood why no STi. M3 gets 10 more hp (343)as did the last S4 (260hp). As for crash standards, I believe that they are more strict in the US, or Europe would probably also be getting the big US bumpers. Maybe the smaller bumpers help the Legacy perform better in pedestrian crashes which is so much more important for Europe and high speed crashes are more important in the US.

Looks like lighting Preston because the OB XT i sat in had the appearance of the STi when off. Very dark, but you really can't tell for certain, remember, the light level maybe be turned down.

It must be the lighting, and I couldn't do much better. The marketing shots may also be of the dash before it is fitted and will have been altered.

DSC00222.jpg.dbe63076fda391001d7ff16d9e41208e.jpg

DSC00225.jpg.ca605874f05fe3b53fc63bbf31e63dda.jpg

Once again for comparison... [img]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/497000-497999/497902_16_full.jpg[/img] Looks like the dash lights are definitely dimmed. That looks to be the biggest culprit, more than lighting perhaps.

To be honest I would look at pics of your wagon non-stop. Can you please take some more from some different angles, like with the seats forward so I can see cargo room and so on. it's ok if you don't.. it's just us US people are really jonesin' for some more information and pics..

Archived