LegacyGT.com

About the headlights....

[quote name='MSB']EuroNCAP results Subaru Legacy Outback Safety Rating: 4 out of 5 "Euro NCAP chose an estate version of the Legacy for testing because these sell in greater numbers than saloons. The all-wheel-drive Outback performed well: its cabin remained intact after the frontal impact, the driver’s door opened normally afterwards (a good safety feature) and the footwell retained its shape. Impact forces fed through to the driver’s chest were relatively high, but the children were particularly well protected. Safety information given on labels in the car and on the seats was clear and thorough. The older child used an ISOFIX restraint fitted with a top tether, which improves stability. The side impact result was also very good but pedestrian protection was judged to be poor." Don't know if the US tests are more strict, also will Panama have to get the USDM?[/quote] I think the U.S. tests are different. Another factor in the USDM is the low-speed fender-bender. Those bumpers are for the (I've forgotten if it's 5 or 10 mph) crash test. Some cars ring up thousands of dollars worth of damage in those tests. I actually prefer the USDM front bumper to the other markets. It gives the car more of an arrow profile. It makes the front look more streamlined from the side, to me. I also admit that it looks a lot like the bumper of my '98 GT wagon, which I absolutely loved. :D And as I have said elsewhere, those of us who use our wagon cargo bays, like to sit on the bumper while we're donning our cycling shoes, or washing off a muddy all-terrain bicycle. It will be the bumper cover for me, presuming it isn't standard, as it was on my previous GT wagon. Kevin

I agree with the rear bumper comments but I would really prefer the profile of the front to be the same as the JDM models. Although I don't really mind the USDM bumper I definitely think it doesn't look as slick as the others.. and the roof rails, I would stop bitching about EVERYTHING if I could get some slimline roofrails like the rest of the world. Thos big black things are ugly.

[quote name='MSB'][quote name='SUBE555']Looks like lighting Preston because the OB XT i sat in had the appearance of the STi when off. Very dark, but you really can't tell for certain, remember, the light level maybe be turned down.[/quote] It must be the lighting, and I couldn't do much better. The marketing shots may also be of the dash before it is fitted and will have been altered.[/quote] It's interesting that the Aussie car has speedo marked up to 260 km/h (haven't got it up there yet, but it has seen 220).

[quote name='gtmy04'][quote name='MSB'][quote name='SUBE555']Looks like lighting Preston because the OB XT i sat in had the appearance of the STi when off. Very dark, but you really can't tell for certain, remember, the light level maybe be turned down.[/quote] It must be the lighting, and I couldn't do much better. The marketing shots may also be of the dash before it is fitted and will have been altered.[/quote] It's interesting that the Aussie car has speedo marked up to 260 km/h (haven't got it up there yet, but it has seen 220).[/quote] :D

[quote name='gtmy04'][quote name='MSB'][quote name='SUBE555']Looks like lighting Preston because the OB XT i sat in had the appearance of the STi when off. Very dark, but you really can't tell for certain, remember, the light level maybe be turned down.[/quote] It must be the lighting, and I couldn't do much better. The marketing shots may also be of the dash before it is fitted and will have been altered.[/quote] It's interesting that the Aussie car has speedo marked up to 260 km/h (haven't got it up there yet, but it has seen 220).[/quote] It's just another crazy japanese thing, every car jap car is limited to 180kmh. I have had it over, but when we move the first thing i'll do is get the speed delimited.

Archived