LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver TV

Yeah, I agree. I just drove the TSX and the legacy GT back to back today. The legacy is definitely a better car in terms of what you get for the money. I don't think there's anything else on the market that can beat the legacy right now. The TSX's handling on curves can not compare to the legacy. True, the legacy has crappy factory tires, but once you put on some better tires, the TSX will be left in the dust. I have no doubt of that. Also one thing I didn't like about the TSX was the brake feel. There was too much dive during hard braking, not very confidence inspiring. The legacy has better braking ability. It better be, given that it launches itself to fairly high speeds pretty easily. A lot of times I found myself going too fast. The legacy's suspension is definitely not soft by any means. I actually felt the TSX to be softer. Don't get me wrong. I've been long time fan of Acuras. I currently drive an Integra sedan. The TSX is by no means a bad car, it's an excellent car for the money. In fact, probably the best car at that price range. Sure the TSX may be a little more 'refined' and carries a more premium badge, but I just felt the legacy to be more of a driver's car. It just felt like I was more connected to the road when I was in the GT. I felt more confident taking those curves at speeds I normally wouldn't. I did drive the A4 1.8T once, it was dog slow compared to the TSX and not even in the same league as the GT. I have not driven the volvo yet, but that's not on my list of choices. Not a big fan of that interior.

Man, did you hear those RE92's squealing like crazy during the cornering segment. Seemed much more than any other car. The TSX is a great car. It is very good value. Considerably cheaper than the Legacy GT Limited $26,490 verses $29,795. No AWD but the best interior in the business. Having said that it is really competing in a different segment. It is a big time chick car. My wife loves hers.

I think the tires are what really hurt the review, they were making so much noise. But you know what they were flying with the car, it looked the fastest out of the bunch when going around that one corner. Also I don't see how it can get third when all they complain about is the doors and the drab interior. The interior in the audi is all black and they liked that. I don't think the interior in the LGT is any worse then the TSX. But then again C&D loves their hondas. Either way I don't care, I know which car is better and thats the one I got.

Archived