LegacyGT.com

Everybody interesting in HID retrofits. Come and see !!

power_getter

What exactly did you have to "retrofit"? They come with projectors that have a great shaped cut-out...

Replacing the stock halogen projectors with real HID projectors.

I'll post all details as soon as I finish.

What's the difference between the stock projectors, and "HID" projectors, besides the bulb?

Does it have the crooked "Z" shaped cut-out?

the bowls are usually different, but honestly i think that our projectors are fine the way they are. sure they dont compare in color output to a tsx, s2k, ot tl, but they do their job.

my guess is that power_getter is using the rx300 projectors since they are a direct swap, or almost menaing very minimal thing to do to make it fit.

oem hid kit, plus rx300 bowls, plus our stock lens( since they are clear and not frenzel) will give you really goou output, and other have gotten really good color out of it

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

the bowls are usually different, but honestly i think that our projectors are fine the way they are. sure they dont compare in color output to a tsx, s2k, ot tl, but they do their job.

my guess is that power_getter is using the rx300 projectors since they are a direct swap, or almost menaing very minimal thing to do to make it fit.

oem hid kit, plus rx300 bowls, plus our stock lens( since they are clear and not frenzel) will give you really goou output, and other have gotten really good color out of it

WoW, You have grat info about HID :whore:

That's right,

I'm using ES330 projector + ECE Legacy shield + zx300 clear lenses.

The output amazing comparing to stock Lexus ES330 HID, so NO WAY TO COMPARE THIS SETUP TO ANY CHEAP HID KIT :icon_bigg

I hope to finish soon , so I can post the pics and how to swap the stock projectors.

HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

WoW, You have grat info about HID :whore:

That's right,

I'm using ES330 projector + ECE Legacy shield + zx300 clear lenses.

The output amazing comparing to stock Lexus ES330 HID, so NO WAY TO COMPARE THIS SETUP TO ANY CHEAP HID KIT :icon_bigg

I hope to finish soon , so I can post the pics and how to swap the stock projectors.

HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

ya i read thru HId planet every now and then...some people there just go nuts with HID projects tho..lol...

i agree its no wayt o compare to a cheap HID kit, but im satified...and thats really all that matters... i was driving next to a benzo the other night, and i would have sworn that the output was almost identical, and im running McCulloch's which is supposedly shit... but ya good job, post pics of the process id be interested to see

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

^^bypass the daytime Running lights, Most people here have since it cause the lights to burn out a lot faster...and the daytime running light disable is a neccessity when doing a hid retro

Nice!

Let's also see some distance throw/pattern shots as well as vehicle head-on shots, too! :)

Looks good!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^^bypass the daytime Running lights, Most people here have since it cause the lights to burn out a lot faster...and the daytime running light disable is a neccessity when doing a hid retro

this is only true if you try to use the oem + and ground to power your xenons. the drl varies the current on the ground not the + side. so if you trigger your ballasts off the + only and ground separately this will not happen and you will retain DRL with xenons. personally i would have the xenons triggered off a relay and powered directly off the batt. click the link on my sig for a wiring diagram included with my retro pics.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived