LegacyGT.com

Indoor Karting Anyone?

jsalicru

Hey everyone, here in SoCal we are blessed with WAY too many indoor karting facilities. It would be a crime not to try to set something up ;)

I've been to Dromo One in Anaheim and K1 Speed in Irvine. K1 is AWESOME. The surface is very grippy since they use some type of rubbery surface coating.

There's also Pole Position in Corona. I've checked it out and plan to go one of these days on my lunch break with a friend to check it out (BOXR wanna goin in? :D)

Anyways, why not get a gathering going and have fun karting one of these days?

I'd love to try to set up something in Pole Position or K1 Speed in Irvine.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Hey everyone, here in SoCal we are blessed with WAY too many indoor karting facilities. It would be a crime not to try to set something up ;)

I've been to Dromo One in Anaheim and K1 Speed in Irvine. K1 is AWESOME. The surface is very grippy since they use some type of rubbery surface coating.

There's also Pole Position in Corona. I've checked it out and plan to go one of these days on my lunch break with a friend to check it out (BOXR wanna goin in? :D)

Anyways, why not get a gathering going and have fun karting one of these days?

I'd love to try to set up something in Pole Position or K1 Speed in Irvine.

Dromo One is lotsa fun! :icon_mrgr Do you really find the surface there grippy though? When I was there it was waaaay easy to lose the rear of the car if you got on the gas too hard too early out of the tighter turns. I was there for a friend's party, so we had the place to ourselves and in that format they switched us from car to car, and some definately displayed different handling characteristics. I had one car that wanted to swap ends when you looked at it wrong!:lol:

Speaking of "racing", anybody going to Rev-it-up at El Toro this weekend? SnoDork and I are going there courtesy of his GF as an early B-day gift. I've been in past years when it was sponsored by Mazda and it's a good time. I think Chevy is the sponsor this year and the timed laps will be run in a Cobalt SS, which should be a good bit quicker around the track than the Mazda3 I drove out there last time.

Dromo One is lotsa fun! :icon_mrgr Do you really find the surface there grippy though? When I was there it was waaaay easy to lose the rear of the car if you got on the gas too hard too early out of the tighter turns. I was there for a friend's party, so we had the place to ourselves and in that format they switched us from car to car, and some definately displayed different handling characteristics. I had one car that wanted to swap ends when you looked at it wrong!:lol:

Speaking of "racing", anybody going to Rev-it-up at El Toro this weekend? SnoDork and I are going there courtesy of his GF as an early B-day gift. I've been in past years when it was sponsored by Mazda and it's a good time. I think Chevy is the sponsor this year and the timed laps will be run in a Cobalt SS, which should be a good bit quicker around the track than the Mazda3 I drove out there last time.

The grippy surface I was talking about was in regards to K1-Speed. That surface is STICKY stuff hehe. I know what you mean about Dromo cause its true.

I wish I could make it out to ANYTHING this weekend. I'm a slave to my garage this weekend ;)

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Speed Zone ftw!

Not even close. Speed Zone blows compared to the aforementioned places. The carts at Speed Zone are not even in the same league. The carts at the other places are waaaaaay faster and offer a much better driving experience.

Dromo is pretty awesome...

Adam's kart track in riverside is ok, but i hear it will be better once they remodel...

been to pole position and the on in SD

havent been to K1 tho...

im down for a meet! at dromo...socal lancer used to go once a week for fun... maybe we should do a LGT vs lancer and see which drivers are better lol...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Dromo is pretty awesome...

Adam's kart track in riverside is ok, but i hear it will be better once they remodel...

been to pole position and the on in SD

havent been to K1 tho...

im down for a meet! at dromo...socal lancer used to go once a week for fun... maybe we should do a LGT vs lancer and see which drivers are better lol...

The one in SD is K1 which is also in Irvine now.

is it?...i liked that track...was my first one...should we schedule a date for everyone?

I was thinking about possibly 2 weeks from now? (Kevin, I know you are off that weekend!)

i'd be interested. i hear Dromo 1 is fun and cheap.

25/race, isnt bad, you get pretty tired after that...

but man im really up for this but i think i finally put the last straw on my knee(mu clutch knee), friday night, now its all puffy and tests are schduled for friday...im hoping no surgery but ill probably need it... so we'll see how it feels then...sucks cus i can barely drive my car

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived