LegacyGT.com

Nokian WR Owners happy with your choice?

05 Outback 2.5i

Nokian WR Owners happy with your choice?

We are currently running BfGoodrich Traction T/As on out Outback Wagon. I don’t really have any complaints with them per say. I was hoping for better performance in the rain and snow, but it wasn’t horrible by any stretch. At any rate, they need to be replaced due to wear from an alignment issue, and I am strongly considering the Nokian WRs. We rarely get a lot of snow, or have a great need to drive through it, but my job does require me to go in no matter what when emergencies arrive.

Is the Nokian WR a good choice for a year round dry/wet performance, or will I be seriously sacrificing dry/wet performance for the snow performance that the Nokian is famous for? For those who are using them year round, what are your impressions? Any regrets?

~Scott & Nadia

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's

Did you search? Several posts on these tires. Several folks think they're good in all conditions, and that you can even get away with using them year round (most winter tires you couldn't do that with). I have a set but haven't driven on them yet...will do this winter.

I found a really good deal on a set of summer tires on stock rims, so I've got KDW2s for the summer, Nokians for the winter.

I had them on three cars before our Legacy GT. They are superior in winter/wet conditions.

However I would not put them on LGT for a year round tire due to sacrafice in dry for great winter traction maybe a max of 10 days/year of adverse winter conditions.

On an Outback 2.5i they are a decent choice if you want a winter edge.

I ran WR's on my STi year round one year.

To be honest, on some of the on/off ramps the handling wasn't THAT much different, but it did FEEL a lot different with the WR's

I was extremely happy with them on that car. Once November rolls around, we'll see how I feel about them on the OBXT.

Andrew, how about WRs on a LGT in the Boston area just for the winter months?

I have not had them on my LGT as I don't want to degrade the handling.

We have a Subaru WRX with a used set of WR's/rims I just use in the winter and they handle very well in wet(most of winter) and are very solid in rarer MA/southern NH winter conditions.

Archived