LegacyGT.com

Clear Bra prices???

bkenn36

Are you meaning the Rockblocker full front kit?

If so I think they are around 350.00....

Installation runs about 300 on top of that:(

Purchased the full kit when I first purchased the car. After finding out jow much installation was, I sold it!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I think it was around $500 for mine. That included the front bumper, partial hood, front fenders, side mirrors, the door sill, and the top portion of the rear bumper where the trunk meets the bumper.

i paid ~$220 for hood, fender & mirrors

I see that you're from the Denver area. Is the $220 just for installation or total (Clear bra + install), and if so, which shop put it on for you? Thanks.

I think it was around $500 for mine. That included the front bumper, partial hood, front fenders, side mirrors, the door sill, and the top portion of the rear bumper where the trunk meets the bumper.

Thanks Euclid for the pricing. I'm trying to find a reputable shop that'll do it for a reasonable price.

I see that you're from the Denver area. Is the $220 just for installation or total (Clear bra + install), and if so, which shop put it on for you? Thanks.

its was $195 for the bra and $30 for the mirrors (that includes install)

i had it done at auto magic of colorado in wheat ridge.

i'd go there again they did a good job, had my tint done there too.

Just got a quote of $575 installed in Reno. Last year we put one on my wife's MINI S convertible, that was $500. These are full coverage, bumper, part hood, lights and mirrors. I asked another body shop that wanted $1100 for the MINI. They're not cheap but you won't get rock chips and you won't need to pull that ugly black thing off to clean it.

Wow that's a lot of dough...found one a bumper-hood-fender-mirror kit on ebay for $40, uses the same stuff as rockblocker (approved for Ferrari, etc).

Very good fit (I was surprised!), PITA to put on, takes 3 people for some parts (bumper was impossible in 1 go, I split it)

- 'stretcher' uses hands to stretch so that edges don't crinkle at curves

- 'heater' has the hair dryer to warm it so it stretches

- 'sprayer' keeps the stuff wet so it does not stick.

Could use a 4th to do squeegee, but if your 'sprayer' isn't 8 yrs old maybe he could do both! Luckily, I got children. Free labor. Not a perfect job by any means, but considering the stuff is gonna take punishment I figure I'll replace every 2 years anyway.

I have 2 small crinkles in the hood that are near invisible, and some crinkles on the bumper part around the lower intake curves. Next time we'll do a better job.

Most days I don't even see it. Some angles of light you notice it, but for the protection I am happy.

For the cost I could do it 10 times for practice...

i installed the first kit myself. took me over 3 days total to do it all. looked like crap imo. :( so after the car was mooshed (front end collision), i had a local shop do mine. i bought the rockblocker kit, and he'd have installed it for $150, but could not warranty it. so he cut me a smoking deal (with a quick sponsorship/referral program) to do his kit (which i like better because it covers MORE of the car than the rockblocker kit) with install and lifetime guaranty for what i paid for the rockblocker kit + install. sold my rockblocker kit for a smoking price to offset my cost.

he did an awesome job! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG8099copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG8100copy.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I have a full kit on my GTi.

It cost me 680 for front bumper, grill, half of the hood, fenders, mirrors, door handles, door sills, top of rear bumper. That came with a material warranty + a labor warranty for 5 years.

IMO, it looks VERY good.

TIP: Get some Plexus to keep it looking like new.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 3 weeks later...

Is full bumper coverage necessary? It seems by default most places only do the hood/fenders?

The roads here in CO are garbage during the winters due to all the sand that gets put down so I was wondering if most people opt for the full bumper coverage.

Not easy to install and expensive, but when done right it looks great. Saw one guys Legacy at Renick that had this treatment, I had to look real close at angle to see that he had this clear shield on it. Was very cool. Way recommended if you can get the right price, and installed right.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

I actually talked to my dealership about clear bras...

Was surprised to find out what the parts guy told me: they will void my powertrain warrenty if I get a bra (b/c according to him, it obstructs the tmic and cooling, even if it is clear...)

Archived