LegacyGT.com

Super Glue/Tire mark removal?

emlevins

OK - I'll spare you the details. I got superglue on the hood of the car. Shortly thereafter, a coal truck in front of me lost tire tread and tire pieces hit the hood and windshield, putting black tire marks on both the hood and the windshield. This all immediately after a thorough cleaning. :icon_frow

Bad day for Pearl. I'm sick about it.

Before I go to a body shop, I thought I'd solicit suggestions. Any ideas for a quick fix?

As always, thanks.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Acetone will remove super glue. Not sure what it will do to the paint. Try it on an inconspicuous area first (door jamb or under hood or trunk). You can buy acetone at home improvement stores in the paint department.

I would think polishing compound will remove the tire scuffs if it did not damage the paint too bad.

It is still ugly.

Just get the quart can. You will be amazed at all the things it will dissolve. I also like to have xylene, denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, and paint thinner on hand. Solvents FTW.
It is still ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

One the eyelids I had installed came loose and was flopping in the wind. Superglued it down...but when I opened the tube, the glue spurted out...all over the hood, headlight and bumper.:redface:

The acetone (nail polish remover) worked btw.

The eyelid, however, came loose and broke in half and is now somewhere on a highway in northwest PA...

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived