LegacyGT.com

just felt like bitching about teh audio system

mmanus88

well aside from us americans not having access to body kit options, better rims, dvd navigation, satellite radio, and a few other things, the most pain in the ass oriented feature that we are dupe dout of is a good audio system. at least make it an option, doesn't have to be standard! instlaling new speakers and usbs will probably be the msot tedious and time consuming process for my modding the legacy. i know its probabyl been asked before, but any plans for subaru to add better audio as an option within the next few months?

To add a bitch in general, Why does the USDM get so many fewer options? No nice wood trim, compared to other markets No McIntosh or other high-end stereo, not even VDC-style. no shorter, better looking bumpers no rain visor options no 18" wheel option No Nav No factory body kit or STi spoilers No HID No 3.0R legacy (I want a GT, or someday STi, though) No rear fog lights No WR-Limited model (could mention WR Blue, San Remo Red, or Chrystal Grey paint, but that isn't available elswhere either.) No ability to add an iPod or Satelite radio. No mudflap options No Defi Boost gauge No or very few STi or Genome accessories feel free to extend this list with things that other markets get on the legacy, that we don't... C'mon subie, you've got a great car here. Why not offer the the options in the US? We'd buy 'em! Especially a nicer factory stereo, or a double-DIN adapter plate.

No Aluminum suspension parts No Bilsteins No Tire Pressure Monitor No factory tinted glass No wheel options period. No one-piece key+keyless entry fob No rear wiper No cassette player The entire accessories catalog. No 7200 rpm redline No twinscroll turbo. Not 3152 lbs You know even with this supposedly great 2.5 turbo (maybe after it stops stuttering), I'm pretty sure a JDM GT would hand a USDM GT it's ass on a platter with steak sauce, while telling you where to go while you feel like you're in a concert hall.

[quote name='Deer Killer'] You know even with this supposedly great 2.5 turbo (maybe after it stops stuttering), I'm pretty sure a JDM GT would hand a USDM GT it's ass on a platter with steak sauce, while telling you where to go while you feel like you're in a concert hall.[/quote] [img]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/whacky10.gif[/img] While I'm really glad we did get the GT in its current guise, the JDM car is cooler... twin-scroll, firmer suspension. So kudos to Subaru for giving us this GT, but a b!tch-slap for dumbing it down. I don't think the JDM GT is so extreme that nobody would buy it. I mean, look at the C&D comparo... the JDM tuned car (TSX) won. Had Subaru delivered us (and C&D) the JDM-spec LGT, then it would've been a resounding @ss-whooping in favor of the LGT. So - if you're not going to make the JDM GT suspension package standard in the USDM -- at least offer a "sport package" with uprated springs and struts... all they have to do is raid the JDM GT parts bin.

[quote name='mmanus88']well aside from us americans not having access to body kit options, better rims, dvd navigation, satellite radio, and a few other things, the most pain in the ass oriented feature that we are dupe dout of is a good audio system. at least make it an option, doesn't have to be standard! instlaling new speakers and usbs will probably be the msot tedious and time consuming process for my modding the legacy. i know its probabyl been asked before, but any plans for subaru to add better audio as an option within the next few months?[/quote] speaking of which, who makes the the stock speakers for the legacy? :?:

Archived