LegacyGT.com

Dealer Fun, and suspenion creak

VTGT

:nono: I know this topic has probably be covered a million times but I hear a creaking on the front right side of my car. When I'm braking slowly, accelerating slowly, sometimes when turning, and over every speed bump. But wait the dealer doesn't hear the noise. I will replicate the sound tommorow, but are there any suggestions, he's like i have it up on the left and theres nothing. Then i asked him why my front right rim had some much curb rash on it when i know i have only put a littly amount on it, does it make sense that one rash continues to get longer and longeralong the rim. but wait when i tell the dealer that, he asks me if i got in an accident which might have caused the suspenion creak. Oh and since whne is it normal for water to get inbetween the windows and the weather stripping (the weather stripping is becoming brittle and breaking down) I know moisture can get in, but i mean when i wash my car and i can literealiy see the water seeping into the car there might be a problem. Well thats my rant for now, hopefully the dealer will have a solution to something but the 35$ oil and filter change.

Firstly, use paragraphs. Makes things easier to read and respond to.

Creaks--may wheel bearing? Otherwise, bushings.

Rash "growth"--might just be the goop that's all over the wheel--try cleaning.

Weatherstrip--warranty.

:nono: I know this topic has probably be covered a million times but I hear a creaking on the front right side of my car. When I'm braking slowly, accelerating slowly, sometimes when turning, and over every speed bump. But wait the dealer doesn't hear the noise. I will replicate the sound tommorow, but are there any suggestions, he's like i have it up on the left and theres nothing. Then i asked him why my front right rim had some much curb rash on it when i know i have only put a littly amount on it, does it make sense that one rash continues to get longer and longeralong the rim. but wait when i tell the dealer that, he asks me if i got in an accident which might have caused the suspenion creak. Oh and since whne is it normal for water to get inbetween the windows and the weather stripping (the weather stripping is becoming brittle and breaking down) I know moisture can get in, but i mean when i wash my car and i can literealiy see the water seeping into the car there might be a problem. Well thats my rant for now, hopefully the dealer will have a solution to something but the 35$ oil and filter change.

Both of our Subarus get moisture between the glass and weatherstripping. Water will not dry out rubber. Silicone spray should be applied regularly to weatherstripping to protect it (also helps glass slide along it easier when windows go up and down).
It is still ugly.

He said he checked out everything underneath the car and it looked normal, and he could not replicate the sound. It is so easy to hear this noise, he's just not listening.

I am going to ride with the tech tommorow and point out the sound to him, I guess I'll ask if the H brace is tight, or possible bushing problem.

On another note i think its ridiculous that he keeps accusing me of hitting a curb, stating i had a chunk of my tire missing. Yes I've rubbed against a curb once or twice parallel parking but besides that nothing.

Anyone know the solution to heat coming out of the vents even when the climate control isn't on? Once again the tech couldn't replicate this issue.

I assume the weather stripping is just normal, but its kinda annoying when im washing the car or it rains and i can see water leaking into the car. Nothing i can do i guess. (besides the spray suggested in an above response).

Vents will retain whatever position they were in when you last shut off the climate control. So, turn on the climate control, then set the desired vent positions before shutting off.

If water's leaking in from the front, top, or sides of the window, the window glass probably needs adjustment to close tighter against the seals. It's possible the seals have dried out--never apply oil-based products or dressings to them--use something like 303 Aerospace Protectant.

He said he checked out everything underneath the car and it looked normal, and he could not replicate the sound. It is so easy to hear this noise, he's just not listening.

I am going to ride with the tech tommorow and point out the sound to him, I guess I'll ask if the H brace is tight, or possible bushing problem.

On another note i think its ridiculous that he keeps accusing me of hitting a curb, stating i had a chunk of my tire missing. Yes I've rubbed against a curb once or twice parallel parking but besides that nothing.

Anyone know the solution to heat coming out of the vents even when the climate control isn't on? Once again the tech couldn't replicate this issue.

I assume the weather stripping is just normal, but its kinda annoying when im washing the car or it rains and i can see water leaking into the car. Nothing i can do i guess. (besides the spray suggested in an above response).

hey my car does that too. if i have the A/C on during the day, and decide to turn it off at night, i can feel heat coming from the vents, even thought the climate control was previously set on cold. at that point i just press the 'recirc' button to keep any air from flowing through the vents.

hey my car does that too. if i have the A/C on during the day, and decide to turn it off at night, i can feel heat coming from the vents, even thought the climate control was previously set on cold. at that point i just press the 'recirc' button to keep any air from flowing through the vents.

Thats exactly what mine does.

When I'm braking slowly, accelerating slowly, sometimes when turning, and over every speed bump.

I had a problem that sounds exactly like what you were descirbing, except on the rear drivers side suspension. I had it for almost a year and every time i brought it in they'd say they didn't hear it or diagnose it as a squeaky bushing and oil it. Finally i took my car to a good subaru dealership (Metric Subaru) and they found the same problem (rusted squeaky bushing) but also found out what was causing it which was a crack in the rear left side suspension control arm. New control arm and it works great... I don't know much about suspensions or even if that is what could be wrong with it but I would have described the problem i had exactly the same as you did (a creaking) and that it happens under the same circumstances. Good luck with this... that was the most aggrivating issue i've had with my car as it creaked wherever i went for 8 months! I hope they fix it for you asap

Yes its fixed :) I take back some of the comments i made earlier. In person the tech and advisor were great. They rode with me 4 different times and even had other techs ride with us to figure out the problem. After tightening most components of the suspension, taking apart the brakes, and various other things.

And the problem was bing bing bing, loose bolts on the cross member near the steering rack. Not only is the car completely silent now it seems to be handling better. :)

Stohlman auto you are pretty good.

I had a problem that sounds exactly like what you were descirbing, except on the rear drivers side suspension. I had it for almost a year and every time i brought it in they'd say they didn't hear it or diagnose it as a squeaky bushing and oil it. Finally i took my car to a good subaru dealership (Metric Subaru) and they found the same problem (rusted squeaky bushing) but also found out what was causing it which was a crack in the rear left side suspension control arm. New control arm and it works great... I don't know much about suspensions or even if that is what could be wrong with it but I would have described the problem i had exactly the same as you did (a creaking) and that it happens under the same circumstances. Good luck with this... that was the most aggrivating issue i've had with my car as it creaked wherever i went for 8 months! I hope they fix it for you asap

I have nothing but praise for the service department at this dealership. They have to be the best in the tri-state. They replaced my ECM once for the fan problem and reprogrammed all my keys when I finally found them with no hassle.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived