LegacyGT.com

A shovel full of controversy!!!

iyamdman

Splise.com lists the "Most Popular Wagons", and the Legacy is ranked #22.

Uh, The Saabaru 9-2X was # 13!?!?!?

The Outback is # 7

Also, they list a bunch of Mini-vans and SUVs as "crossover vehicles" which I don't consider are Wagons.

How do the decide what is the most popular?

Let's say it is based on number of vehicles sold - OK, but I can't believe they sell more Saabaru 9-2X than the Impreza Wagons!!!

So how does this site base it's most popular rating?

Splise | Wagon

The site doesn't even give a hint at how they "compute" their results, and considering how much trouble Saab had selling the Saabaru, I'd say their results are in doubt. And the Suzuki Aerio ranked higher then the Legacy as well... While it has probably sold more cars, I doubt that anyone actually LIKES it much, and isn't liking something what makes it popular?

Clearly, :iam:, and all we can do is just shake our heads and say, now that's "a shovel full of controvery!!!"

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Sorry for off topic. but Jedi's new avatar is AWESOME! One of my all time favorite comedic characters. Stuart Mackenzie.

On topic:

It speaks to the incredulousness that the Outback and Legacy wagons were SOOO far apart.

Plus the whole point of "Cool wagons" is that they are NOT crossover SUVs or Minivans.

Patently rediculous, and promptly dismissed as tripe. "And, Charlie, LIGHT A MATCH!"

Maybe those rankings simply refer to the popularity of the cars on the Splise website itself.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

On topic:

It speaks to the incredulousness that the Outback and Legacy wagons were SOOO far apart.

I don't know about that. I have yet to see a single 2005+ Legacy wagon on the road, yet I probably see 20 Outback wagons a day. I have a feeling that the Legacy wagon won't be around much longer since the Outback is selling so well.

I don't know about that. I have yet to see a single 2005+ Legacy wagon on the road, yet I probably see 20 Outback wagons a day. I have a feeling that the Legacy wagon won't be around much longer since the Outback is selling so well.

+1

For real yo. The Freestyle is a complete and utter sales failure.

That's maybe, but I see quite a look of them in the Milwaukee area (come to think of it I even own one :icon_mrgr - it is actually a pretty decent vehicle for what it is), however I have never seen a legacy wagon on the road - dealers lot yes, road no. Even the sight of a Legacy itself is pretty rare and the ones I do see are usually the 2.5i versions.

Most subes around here are Outbacks.

Ford Freestyle and HHR are ranked higher than the Outback? I've only ever seen one Freestyle on the road, and rarely see those ugly HHRs. I see more Bajas than Freestyles!

The Freestyle is a minivan. Ford is in denial.

And while there are as many Outbacks as trees in Oregon, I see more LGT wagons than OBXTs. 3 in the lot at work, which means they outnumber LGT sedans (1) and WRX sedans(2). Only outnumbered by WRX wagons (more than 10!) and SVXs (4!).

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

weird.

well actually subaru cut the 2.5i wagon for 2007. if you want a 2.5l NA wagon you have to get an outback. also mazda 5 has been around for at least 2 years in europe if i am not mistaken. i dunno about hhr but i see more azteks on the road than those pt loser lookalikes.

The Freestyle is a minivan. Ford is in denial.

And while there are as many Outbacks as trees in Oregon, I see more LGT wagons than OBXTs. 3 in the lot at work, which means they outnumber LGT sedans (1) and WRX sedans(2). Only outnumbered by WRX wagons (more than 10!) and SVXs (4!).

So that's where all the SVXs are? No wonder there's not many here in SoCal.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived