LegacyGT.com

Good dealers in central/SE PA area?

sungsg4

Lancaster County Motors Subaru in Lancaster, PA. Email or call 800-215-5644 and ask for Steve Lehman the internet sales manager. Great guy, good trade value and at least $1000-1500 off sticker right off the bat.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Rafferty Subaru in Newtown Square. Ask for Andre, 610-353-6900.

WORST DEALER EVER! Ripped me off twice and the Rafferty's live down the street from me. Horrible horrible dealership. If you wanna spend money on frivolous, uneccessary repairs this is the place to go. And if you like lying car salesman too. Jerks.

Real neighborly to rip off your neighbors.

I forgot. I go to Roberts. Their problem is that they dont reccomend enough repairs. For example. Replaced clutch, had to go back to replace master cylinder.

man, sounds like I should avaoid dealers in the Philly area...I've heard good things about Becker in Allentown. Does any one have any beef with them??

p.s. you loc. says you're in State College. are you a Penn Stater?? I grad in '04...no luck in getting the football tickets for next season tho...:icon_mad:

WORST DEALER EVER! Ripped me off twice and the Rafferty's live down the street from me. Horrible horrible dealership. If you wanna spend money on frivolous, uneccessary repairs this is the place to go. And if you like lying car salesman too. Jerks.

Real neighborly to rip off your neighbors.

I haven't had any problems with them and found Andre to be a decent salesman. So far the repair staff have been good. I actually left Robert's because of a TERRIBLE experience with them. Search my name on Nasioc for the BS I had to deal with when I had my WRX.

Steve Moyer Subaru in Leesport, PA. GREAT DEALER! I bought my LGT from Keith, and it was a great experience. No haggling, no BS. It couldn't have been any easier.

One gripe, they did not check my car's DRLs when they took delivery, because I was driving the night after I got my car and both of my headlights were out. I called to bitch and they were very apologetic and asked how soon I could get the car in to them.

Highly Recommended.

EDIT: I see you're in Reading, which is incredibly close. Check them out!

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I haven't had any problems with them and found Andre to be a decent salesman. So far the repair staff have been good. I actually left Robert's because of a TERRIBLE experience with them. Search my name on Nasioc for the BS I had to deal with when I had my WRX.

They reccomended I replace of all my headgaskets. Its been four years, and the car runs fine. They wanted $200 to replace the lightbulb in my Climate control and reccomended I get a new water pump, also still running fine. To top things off they sold my bro his Impreza in a condition to unsafe to be sold. The salesman claimed all the work was done there (and they missed a bent frame?????). The head of the service department says "oh well the sales guys are full of shit. they'll say anything to get ya to buy a car."......yeah thats real good for your dealer. Then fixing the damage they clipped a wire and fried the head unit. Terrible service.

I got my '05 at Rafferty in Newtown Square - They gave me a better deal then Lancaster Subaru. Though I'm never happy when I go there for service, they're all real jerks about stuff. For example, I nailed a chain or something on my way to work but never saw any damage so I wanted to check it out while it was on the lift - The guy was a real prick and told me to get out of the garage.

• 3 weeks later...
I have bought 3 cars from Chris at Steve Moyer. He is great. Also, the service dept is great. I had an issue with my 2001 lgt and Connie, the service manager went to bat for me with Subaru, and got the problem resolved under warranty, even though the warranty had expired.

Steve Moyer Subaru in Leesport, PA. GREAT DEALER! I bought my LGT from Keith, and it was a great experience. No haggling, no BS. It couldn't have been any easier.

One gripe, they did not check my car's DRLs when they took delivery, because I was driving the night after I got my car and both of my headlights were out. I called to bitch and they were very apologetic and asked how soon I could get the car in to them.

Highly Recommended.

EDIT: I see you're in Reading, which is incredibly close. Check them out!

i recommend Fairway subaru in Hazelton. The one person that works there is rallysport driver or has family in rallysport (i dont remember which, i think he drives rally tho), and the whole service team and sales team is awesome. I got a great deal on my car off them, whereas steve moyer tried beating around the bush a whole lot. I just had to take my car back for a burnt out light, and they noticed my other was going and changed it.. also they are pretty lenient with modifications.

besides, they have the best test-driving road in history. if anyone knows where im talking about- the backroads behind the mall in hazelton. It has constant S-turns and a few really sharp turns. the dealers like to gas it hard and show you the car, t hey just dont baby it.

if anyone wants a LGT Spec B they have one on lot too.. its goregous. i think the price tag was 35k for it.

• 10 months later...
If your in the market for new or used Subaru and your within a 4 hour commute to Welsh Subaru of Limerick PA. You owe it to yourself and wallet to stop by and see what deals they have. Not only did I get a super deal, but the dealer; who is actually a member on this board (Philpug), was genuine and really took his time to answer all of our questions and concerns. Phil even stayed after hours to give us his personal experience with aftermarket roof racks and took it upon himself to print out what accessories w/part numbers we should consider for our bikes/cargo carrying needs. Phil and the owner went above and beyond and have personally set a new standard as to the experience and service one can or should receive at a dealership when purchasing a vehicle.

i got my 05 LGT 5EAT from rafferty subaru - andre was my salesman also. i could not have asked for a better experience. i would not hesitate to recommend rafferty...i dont know how any of the other sales people are over there, but andre is the man
wa da tah my damie

i got my 05 LGT 5EAT from rafferty subaru - andre was my salesman also. i could not have asked for a better experience. i would not hesitate to recommend rafferty...i dont know how any of the other sales people are over there, but andre is the man

Rafferty sold my brother a pre-owned Impreza that's frame was damaged to the point that it should have not been for sale at all. He was nearly killed.

They also tried to charge me $200 once to replace the light bulb in my dash. Had it done for $40 in West Chester.

If your in the market for new or used Subaru and your within a 4 hour commute to Welsh Subaru of Limerick PA. You owe it to yourself and wallet to stop by and see what deals they have. Not only did I get a super deal, but the dealer; who is actually a member on this board (Philpug), was genuine and really took his time to answer all of our questions and concerns. Phil even stayed after hours to give us his personal experience with aftermarket roof racks and took it upon himself to print out what accessories w/part numbers we should consider for our bikes/cargo carrying needs. Phil and the owner went above and beyond and have personally set a new standard as to the experience and service one can or should receive at a dealership when purchasing a vehicle.

Aweshucks. I was just doin my job. :wub: It is a pleasure dealing with clients that know what they are talking about and appreciate the product. A good deal is when both sides are happy and I believe that this was the first of many successful transactions from www.LegacyGT.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Believe it or not, I got a screaming deal late Nov. '05 from Stocker Subaru in State College PA (WE ARE!!!). A guy named Jim Ard (if i remember correctly) was great! He spent all day, three test drives, and made a good deal with me and my trade in. I can recommend buying a car at the end of the year, end of the month, end of the week, end of the day....just make the deal attitude!

Archived