LegacyGT.com

Ordered 07 LGT Wagon

spinski

Just ordered an 07 LGT wagon, 5EAT, Diamond Gray Metallic. I could have purchased an 06 in Regal Blue but I really want the new SI-Drive, Aux Audio input and the Diamond Gray. It will probably be here in October. This is the second LGT I will have owned, the first being an 01, I recently sold an 04 Legacy SE. I thought I might get away from Subarus but nothing compares with this wagon. According to OUTSIDE Magazine, I live in the town with the highest concentration of snow accumulation (ave. 207") in the country. I must have AWD and my two previous Subes worked great. Since the manual LGT sedan blew the doors off Audis, BMW, Lexus and Infinitis in that Road & Track comparo test in March, that will be good for me. I seriously considered the new Mazda CX-7 but it does not have the dual zone climate control, no audio aux, it drives nice but you can feel the extra 500 pounds and it's not really as big inside as the Legacy Wagon, there's not much to really compare. Now all I need to do is wait til October.

As I mentioned, this will be my 3rd Legacy. The Outbacks don't ride or handle as well as the Legacys. The one inch extra ground clearance is only helpful in ROCKY situations, I have never had any problems driving through 2 feet of unplowed snow with the Legacys. Just on an asthetic note, the extra ground clearance makes the Outbacks look tall and "tippy" expecially from the back. I've driven the Legacy "off-road" and they work very well. So well that I have instituted a policy for myself that I do not take the Subaru off-road, just because they drive so well I really may do damage to it (we just take the Jeep instead). I can't wait to use the SI drive, thanks for the encouragement!

I need to figure out how to get lots of money to mod my car like you guys do. I'm just planning on snow tires - Dunlop SP Wintersport M3's, tint the windows and an invisible bra. I drive 36 miles to Reno daily and the drive down is nice but the sand Caltrans puts on the road is deadly to the front end of the car. Everything in front needs to be covered up, healights and foglights too. If there were a way to put film on the windshield, I'd add that too.

You don't have to answer, of course, but was it under $34K? You picked a great color. I'm leaning toward Dimond Gray or Newport Blue. Too bad red is gone. If the wife demands a red car, I'll have to go with the Audi A3, but my heart is with the Legacy.

We have not worked out the final price yet, but I am guesstimating that the sticker will be around $33,500. I'm getting it for a net "invoice" price which should be just under $30k less any possible rebate available in October(???). My last Legacy was red and it looked great, the 06 GT will be the last red available. There are lots of complaints that the GT's will all be some black white or gray color. The Newport blue is the only real color. I asked about that "new color" and they showed me chips for the Tribeca and the Forester. It looks like the same color as the Atlantic Blue. I saw the special edition Outback in the Diamond gray and I really want it. Which must say something about the color because I don't like blacks, silvers and colors in between. Tell your wife the Diamond gray is a totally classy color, something she won't get tired of in a few years.

• 2 months later...
I could have purchased an 06 in Regal Blue...

Spinski,

Congratulations on the '07! and special thanks for sparing me the Regal Blue '06; I'm sure it's the very same one that is sitting in my garage now. Since this is my very first Subaru, the '06 vs '07 nuances are lost on me. I'm just happy to join the club and thankful that you guys on this Forum were able to help me talk the wife out of an Outback!

Archived