LegacyGT.com

18" Enkei RP02..would they clear STi Brembos?

team23jordan

I heard that if the wheels r 7.5" wide, the offset has to be 50+mm..

if thats true, i think i'm gonna need get some spacers if i get brembos

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I have 18" Enkei Rp02

they are 18x7.5 et48mm

would they clear STi's huge front calipers??

I heard that if the wheels r 7.5" wide, the offset has to be 50+mm..

if thats true, i think i'm gonna need get some spacers if i get brembos

These two statements taken together don't make sense. If a 50 mm offset is good for Brembos, a 48 mm offset would be better. Spacers reduce offset and make your wheels stick out further from the hub. So, if you were to use 3 mm spacers, your effective offset would be 45 mm.

Having said that, offset is only half the equation. The other half is spoke design. That is why Rota wheels (all of which are 48 mm offset) like the Tarmac 2 and SDRs where the spokes are at the outer-most portion of the rims, fit Brembos, and rims like the original Tarmac and the Actions won't fit Brembos.

Having said all that, the RP-02s look similar to the SDRs and Tarmac 2s where the spoke are close to the face. I couldn't say for sure, but if I had to guess whether or not they'd clear Brembos, I'd guess that they would. And they would almost certainly clear the Brembos with 3 mm spacers, if you could get spacers that small.

If I were you, I'd try to find someone with an '04 STi pay him $20 to let you see if your rims would clear his front Brembos.

Good luck.

p.s. You should have bought those Crimson K6s I was selling. ;)

I searched for the same info in the big NASIOC fitment FAQ. The wheel is not listed in the front, as the list was not updated with every post. After having gone through nearly every page, there is a post (around page 20 or so) that states the 18" RP02 does clear. I have both the Brembo's and the same wheels, but have not installed either because of my house renovation. I can let you know definitively in about a month.

p.s. You should have bought those Crimson K6s I was selling.

i know. i regret it now ;)

I searched for the same info in the big NASIOC fitment FAQ. The wheel is not listed in the front, as the list was not updated with every post. After having gone through nearly every page, there is a post (around page 20 or so) that states the 18" RP02 does clear. I have both the Brembo's and the same wheels, but have not installed either because of my house renovation. I can let you know definitively in about a month.

can you let me know asap? cuz i'm gonna order speed star D2R or D5R from tirerack as soon as i get my paycheck..but if rp02 works than i dont have to buy new wheels

thanks man!!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

just test fitted on one of local STi owner from nasioc

it does NOT clear brembos

it's soo close to clearin em tho...

it'll def work with a set of spacers and longer bolts

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived