LegacyGT.com

Small Accident q

Bad day in the driveway. I started my WRX which had the parking brake pulled but apparently not all the way(had two clicks left), put into neutral, got out to throw out a coffee cup and it rolled into our LGT wagon. The cars were parked side by side but the WRX had its wheels cocked hard left so it clipped the LGT front bumper stopping my WRX. The WRX suffered dents to front quarter panel and driver door. THe LGT suffered no metal damage. However the bumper dented in (popped out later) and is scratched all up and the paint and whatever is below it is scrapped down to black in a few areas.

To fix this do they smooth out the scrapped areas and just repaint the LGT bumper?

To fix this do they smooth out the scrapped areas and just repaint the LGT bumper?

It depends on how bad it is, and how expensive a new bumper cover is. They will do whatever is cheapest for ths insurance company, generally. It doesn't take to many hours of repair time to equal the cost of a new cover in most cases.

-- Steve

i notice that on my LGT, the parking brake has to be pulled up the limit before it will stop the car from rolling. On my wifes Mazda, you've only got to pull it up about half to 3/4 of the way and it will lock the wheels.

i wonder if you can increase the wire tension for the parking brake line easily.

Archived