LegacyGT.com

cusco vs jdm

spicish22

power vs control debate i was having

http://legacygt.com/forums/turbo-powertrains-2-0gt/38548-power-vs-control.html

i decided to do suspension first. i just purchased h techs to lower the car and i am planning on at least doing a rsb if not a fsb as well.

i was planning on doing a cuscu rsb. what i am now wondering is if the jdm or cusco rsb is better or does anyone have a preference? when i say better i mean better control. any thought would be greatly appriciated. thanks

Well, I can't testify to the JDM RSB's performance because I have the Cusco set, front and back. But I will say that my Cusco install was done last November, and I've loved the results ever since! It all but took the bodyroll completely away. I just had STI pinks installed yesterday, I'm still forming an opinion on them, but so far I like the results.

The only engine mod I've done so far is install a K & N intake, I wanted to finish the suspension and brakes before I did anything else. The exhaust will be my next project. I concur, it's better to focus on the handling & brakes first. The car is plenty quick stock anyways.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

+1 for cusco.

Cusco is bigger/stiffer than the JDM bar. 21mm vs. 20mm.

AVO's new rear bar has two settings and it's 20mm thick.

If your only doing one bar, do the JDM...if you want both (nice balance) do Cusco.

+10000 for cusco

cusco is bigger and stiffer than JDM bar

even if you do just RSB, get cusco

really depends what you want. the cucso over jdm without a new front will make it a tad more tail happy over jdm rsb cause it's stiffer.

really depends what you want. the cucso over jdm without a new front will make it a tad more tail happy over jdm rsb cause it's stiffer.

whats wrong with that? :lol:

i have both F&R cusco swb

and my tail gets happy sometimes..

not too much happy..its just PERFECT!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I lost a considerable amount of ride comfort when I got my Cusco Sways, so the JDM bars could have a +1 in the ride comfort column over Cusco

Today I decided that Pinks are fun:icon_mrgr It already cornered hard with the sways, but now it's ludicrous! My only hindrance is that I'm still on the RE92's. Other than that, it handles perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going front and rear, definitely go Cusco.

If you just want more balance and better rotation with no change in ride quality, JDM rear only works great. Nicely balanced with stock front.

Both excellent products at a good price. It really depends on what you want from your suspension upgrade, and how hard you drive.

I lost a considerable amount of ride comfort when I got my Cusco Sways, so the JDM bars could have a +1 in the ride comfort column over Cusco

Today I decided that Pinks are fun:icon_mrgr It already cornered hard with the sways, but now it's ludicrous! My only hindrance is that I'm still on the RE92's. Other than that, it handles perfectly.

didn't notice a considerable amount on my car. seemed fine to me. but you can't have it both...if you want performance you have to sacrific some ride quality. depends where you want that balance.

iON's and FR/R cusco's....love it....new car.

Is it really going to be an issue if I go with only a Cusco rear? For now, I'm looking into only the rear and I have an opportuniy to purchase a Cusco.

IMHO,no,, the difference is negligable.get the Cusco:icon_wink

Is it really going to be an issue if I go with only a Cusco rear? For now, I'm looking into only the rear and I have an opportuniy to purchase a Cusco.

It all depends on what you want if you want a stiffer front end set up, then you will not get it with just a rear sway bar, you will need both. If you like the front end a little looser feeling, then just go with a rear sway.

if you upgrade only the rear then you will notice the car being more tail happy at the limits. it will tighten up your ride, but if you want a more balanced effect you will need both. Do a search or PM Xenonk about the benefits....he actually would like to find a front bar even bigger than the 23mm solid.

If you only want or can afford the rear you could go JDM 20mm which will be a bit less stiff than the Cusco. Or you could go with AVO's 20mm bar as it has two settings. Start out with the tighter setting..if you don't like it tone it down to the other setting. Cobb's bar could work too...it has two settings but will be very close to the stiffness of the Cusco bar if not a little more on the tightest setting.

Well, I can't testify to the JDM RSB's performance because I have the Cusco set, front and back. But I will say that my Cusco install was done last November, and I've loved the results ever since! It all but took the bodyroll completely away. I just had STI pinks installed yesterday, I'm still forming an opinion on them, but so far I like the results.

The only engine mod I've done so far is install a K & N intake, I wanted to finish the suspension and brakes before I did anything else. The exhaust will be my next project. I concur, it's better to focus on the handling & brakes first. The car is plenty quick stock anyways.

What struts are you running?

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Just the regular USDM struts. Eventually I'll upgrade to Adjustable struts or Coilovers, but his set up should last 5 years (at least) if not longer.

Archived