LegacyGT.com

Anyone using a sun reflector?

S4

Is anyone using a windshield sun reflector? I'm just wondering how much that helps keep the interior cool, especially with black. I've ordered black with a black interior and I'm thinking with 20% tint in the back, 35% tint up front, and a windshield reflector it should stay pretty cool inside. Anyone doing this now? Also, is there a custom fit one for the Legacy yet?

I'm using one since my parking spot faces south. The reflector does make quite a difference as the windshield is pretty large area. I'm using a generic reflector, BTW. Also, I've found that the exterior color has more to do with how hot a vehicle gets than the interior color. My wagon is silver/charcoal but it's tons cooler than my previous Forester that was black/light grey. Ken

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Ken S']I'm using one since my parking spot faces south. The reflector does make quite a difference as the windshield is pretty large area. I'm using a generic reflector, BTW. Also, I've found that the exterior color has more to do with how hot a vehicle gets than the interior color. My wagon is silver/charcoal but it's tons cooler than my previous Forester that was black/light grey. Ken[/quote] Ditto. Excpet with a WRX wagon.

I have a sun-shade...gf got it for me for my b'day. It works well, and it fits perfectly. I think it was made for an '04, but it fits, and keeps it cool, most of the time. I will check the name tomorrow, and provide feedback. Also came with a nifty leather case..so it stores real easily. Later, i

I've used Heatshields in every car I have owned in the past 15 years. They work very well and last for years. They are custom fit for every car. Highly recommended. [url]http://www.canvasworks.com/main.html[/url] Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with them, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Archived