LegacyGT.com

RANT: Got rear ended this morning....

... and i've only had the car since Sunday night :icon_mad:

It was an impact in rush hour traffic, and maybe 10mph, but it still left punctures in the bumper and an impression from his license plate.

Anyone know if the factory BSM paint is hard for a reputable body shop to match? Or will they most likely have the end up blending the new paint into the trunk lid and rear quarters?

if the damage is on the bumper they will only need to paint the bumper

ahem...... (i'll try to speak slowly) if they can't match the silver, and they only paint the bumper, it will contrast with the adjacent surrounding body panels. fortunately, the car comes from subaru that way already.

ahem...... (i'll try to speak slowly) if they can't match the silver, and they only paint the bumper, it will contrast with the adjacent surrounding body panels. fortunately, the car comes from subaru that way already.

i have the garnet red pearl and had the front bumper(only) painted.

perfect match.

maybe your auto body guy is color blind. :confused:

fortunately, the car comes from subaru that way already.

+2 :lol: Your repair shop probably can't do any worse than Subaru did originally! Don't sweat it at all: take it to a quality repair shop (look for a place that does BMW's & Merc's) and the repair will be perfect - it should be any easy one. *Stuff* happens, and if it's just bumper damage consider yourself lucky. :icon_wink

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Sorry to hear man.

At least I had my car for a few weeks before someone hit mine.

Not sure where you are in the Bay Area but I took mine to a quality shop in Redwood City (that works on alot of high end cars) that I also used to take my BMW to and they did such a BAD job. Took it back 3 times and they still didn't get it right. The other persons insurance company was even on my side helping me get the shop to redo it.

Anyway, I assume big shops that work on high end cars don't usually put their best people on the simple jobs such as painting a bumper cover. Just my $0.02.

Good luck w/ the repairs.

Took it to get some estimates this morning at one of the insurance repair centers and then to Creative Kustoms. The insurance repair center sucks (i know from past experience) but they are local enough for me to stop by and get a ballpark figure.

Insurance repair estimate is to rework the bumper.

Creative Kustoms estimate is to replace the bumper completely. There is slight damage done to the textured black plastic on the bottom of the bumper between the exhaust cutouts. I was told this can't be matched, and if it was filled it would still be noticeable.

The damage is minor enough for me to repair myself if i choose to live with a few blemishes from the imprint. I'll be able to get most of the damage out though. With the ~$800 or so i'll get by fixing it myself, I can get an AP or front lip possibly.

I am actually picking my BSM up from the shop today, second rear bumper for me since feb when I bought the car. The place I take it to does a perfect match, no complaints.

Not my fault both times, but I told my GT, one more bumper and you are getting traded in (07 spec b anyone?)

Archived