LegacyGT.com

Do you think the post count removal was a necissary?

Do you think the post count removal was necessary?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the post count removal was necessary?

• Yes, it discourages PWing and a post based hirearchy!
    • No, it looks plain, and it really didn't change anything, bring them back!
    • Who cares? What's the fuss?

Personally I never looked at the post counts. I suppose it's possible post whore's do it to have high counts I suppose, but there are going to be people who talk because they like to hear themselves talk on any forum. Now they'll just compare join dates or something...human nature...

[quote name='scubie02']Personally I never looked at the post counts. I suppose it's possible post whore's do it to have high counts I suppose, but there are going to be people who talk because they like to hear themselves talk on any forum. Now they'll just compare join dates or something...human nature...[/quote] That has also been removed. :lol:

[quote name='Drift Monkey']That has also been removed. :lol:[/quote] What has also been removed? Date joined? <----hey, look, here's the date I joined! And actually, the post count hasn't been removed from the board. It's just been removed from each individual post.

[quote name='stef'][quote name='Drift Monkey']That has also been removed. :lol:[/quote] What has also been removed? Date joined? <----hey, look, here's the date I joined! And actually, the post count hasn't been removed from the board. It's just been removed from each individual post.[/quote] I do realize that...but I was specifically talking about the ones under the avatar. I was kidding about he removal of the join date. We might as well remove those as well! :lol:

:roll: Somehow I just knew that this would come up. :lol: It really has become funny... :lol: personally I think that it should be hidden. It's still there, all you have to do is click on someone's profile? Why is it that you say you don't care about the post count, but yet you have lobbied to keep it and are now lobbying to bring it back? Hmmmm... Funniest... thread... EVAR! :lol:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']:roll: Somehow I just knew that this would come up. :lol: It really has become funny... :lol: personally I think that it should be hidden. It's still there, all you have to do is click on someone's profile? Why is it that you say you don't care about the post count, but yet you have lobbied to keep it and are now lobbying to bring it back? Hmmmm... Funniest... thread... EVAR! :lol:[/quote] I'm not lobbying anything. Just wanted to see what the members thought since I've seen some view expressed at how ridiculous the removal was, nothing for my own personal agenda. I never lobbied it because of my own post count, I lobbied it because I just saw nothing wrong about it. I truly don't care, but am intrested in other's thoughts. Dr. Z - :roll:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Perhaps we should add a "Who cares?" option too? I am sure there are plenty of people who would opt for that category.. just a suggestion. oh, and don't roll you're eyes at me. :lol: I know where you live.. ;)[/quote] Oh you do, do you? Come over why don't you? :lol: Let's just see how the poll goes...I REALLY don't expect any changes...just a topic to express thoughts is all... :)

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Yeah, I know you live in Houston.. can't be that big can it? On topic, do you want to add the "who cares?" I think you should be able to do it right?[/quote] Come to Houston and find me, shouldn't be too hard! :lol: I can't. Meh, you can add it if you want...no one else wants it but you. :lol:

So quick to speak for "everyone else".. intersting, see I told you that you had your finger on the "pulse of the forum". You just never believed it. I am going to add it just for ships and giggles. edit: I also corrected your spelling on "necissary", figured you would appreciate that since you are the forum spelling-bee. :lol::D :oops:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']So quick to speak for "everyone else".. intersting, see I told you that you had your finger on the "pulse of the forum". You just never believed it. I am going to add it just for ships and giggles.[/quote] Um...if they did, they might have voiced themselves requesting the option....the only person that did that was you...I wasn't speaking for "everyone". I don't don't have my finger anywhere, but I certainly enjoy your constant attempts to show that I am. Add what you want "mod."

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']So quick to speak for "everyone else".. intersting, see I told you that you had your finger on the "pulse of the forum". You just never believed it. I am going to add it just for ships and giggles.[/quote] Um...if they did, they might have voiced themselves requesting the option....the only person that did that was you...I wasn't speaking for "everyone". I don't don't have my finger anywhere, but I certainly enjoy your constant attempts to show that I am. Add what you want "mod."[/quote] I am the only one who wanted this or voiced thier opinion? How soon we forget.. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2934[/url] [quote name='Drift Monkey']no one else wants it but you. :lol:[/quote] Seems like you are speaking for "everyone else"

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']So quick to speak for "everyone else".. intersting, see I told you that you had your finger on the "pulse of the forum". You just never believed it. I am going to add it just for ships and giggles.[/quote] Um...if they did, they might have voiced themselves requesting the option....the only person that did that was you...I wasn't speaking for "everyone". I don't don't have my finger anywhere, but I certainly enjoy your constant attempts to show that I am. Add what you want "mod."[/quote] I am the only one who wanted this or voiced thier opinion? How soon we forget.. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2934[/url] [quote name='Drift Monkey']no one else wants it but you. :lol:[/quote] Seems like you are speaking for "everyone else"[/quote] Um...I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that thread as I never spoke for anyone in that thread. As for that quote...I was referring to the option you suggested, not the removal... Consider yourself pwnd. Sober up.

Guest *Jedimaster*
For cryin' out loud- this isn't that big a deal. Removing them wasn't really necessary, but is it worth bitching and moaning? Grrr- sorry- PITA day at work. It does look a little empty now though- maybe a little extra space for usertext or something? I know signatures are frowned upon here, so maybe just double the amount of info you can add. BTW, I've watched how this went about, from a distance: it was carefully thought about and talked over. One of the good things about this site is that the admins are rregular people and not the typical "Nazi-Admin/Moderators". If they were, I'd have been outa here like Vladamere :lol:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']yeah... i guess I was pwned :lol: :roll: Perhaps you should go back through and practice some reading comprehension. That thread that I posted is some other members voicing thier concerns about the post count..[/quote] Um, the thread was about giving post RATINGs, this is far different from removing the post count....don't compare apples or oranges... The only person suggesting the removal of post counts was you...anyone can see that... :roll:

Archived