LegacyGT.com

flat tire - free repair?

planigan

So yesterday I walked out of work, only to find my car with a completely flat driver's rear tire. My car only has about 4500 miles on it, so this was obviously the first time I've had to change a tire on it. Imagine my surprise when I got out the jack -- only to find the handle missing!!! I had to turn the jack with the tire iron... in the rain... to get the car up and down. That really annoyed me.

Today I took the car over to a Discount Tire here in Troy, MI to get the tire fixed. First, I thought it would take awhile. Second, I thought it would cost me money. Wrong on both counts! It took them less than an hour, and they didn't charge me a dime! I was stunned -- I've never bought anything there before, and they didn't even try to sell me anything. They just handed me an invoice for $0 and sent me on my way.

So yeah, next time you need a tire repair, take it to Discount Tire.

Same thing happened to a co-worker of mine...Discount Tire fixed her flat for free. They did however ding one of my wheels when changing the tires, but are getting me a new one...we'll see.
It is still ugly.

Are you sure your jack handle isn't on the bottom of the carpet you pull up (above the tray)? It is on my sedan, and yes, it took quite a while to find the first time. Lucky you with the free repair! I just had a flat at highway speeds, and it isn't repairable. The wheel got bent a little too in the process. Ugh. --Lee

Are you sure your jack handle isn't on the bottom of the carpet you pull up (above the tray)? It is on my sedan, and yes, it took quite a while to find the first time. Lucky you with the free repair! I just had a flat at highway speeds, and it isn't repairable. The wheel got bent a little too in the process. Ugh. --Lee

Yeah, there's nothing there but two empty clips and empty space where the handle is supposed to be. If I wasn't 350 miles from the dealer who sold me the car... :icon_mad:

Sucks about your wheel though man. Luckily, I've never had to deal with a flat on the highway *fingers crossed*.

Archived