LegacyGT.com

All Season Tires for a Spec.B?

Vimy101

Driven both on an friend's A4 (contis and pirellis). Put 3K on the new Contis personally (on a cross-country trip), and a few hundred on the Pirellis. Pirellis felt much better setting car up for corners, no 'falling over' feeling (sidewall/tread squirm maybe?). Contis were chewed and corded after about 16K, Pirellis have about 2K on them. Friend mentioned he wanted something better in the dry than the Contis. He is pleased so far with the Pirellis, and says they aren't too bad in the winter.

Contis are getting old; wonder if there is an update in the works?

is your friend's A4 B7?

my friend has B7 2.0 Turbo

it comes with P-zero M+S.

I've driven that when it snowed, even with traction control on, which LGT doesn't have, i felt a lot of slippage...i turned off the traction control...I got completely sideways and scared the shiz outta me..

I had RE92 back when this happened, my LGT with RE92 and no traction control felt more controlled..

i can't say P-zero M+S sucks in snow cuz i didn't have that on my car

but i didn't like how it performed in snow in A4

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

No, B5... 2.8L quattro with manual.

Not sure what he ran pressure-wise with the Contis... Pirellis are currently on the car now. I'll ask him again for his opinion on the Pirellis, since I only put a few hundred miles on them with the car versus the thousands on the Contis...

Still remember looking for a tire shop in Eureka, CA to get a decent set of replacement tires, hehe.

Brother has a set of P Zero Nero M+S tires that replaced the OEM Pirelli P6 Four Seasons on his Focus; says dry handling is way up, snow was a little worse, but overall he likes them better.

Archived