LegacyGT.com

great paint

ok we've had our 06LGT wagon for a couple months now, coming close to 4K miles, its so far stock but i have still have a good time everytime i drive it without my wife or baby in it. . . not as easy to toss around like the GTI was, think i miss the manual transmission the most my left foot feels left out. anyway love the color on the wagon the red is great in the sunlight however i wanna know who subaru gets to paint their cars (i suspect they got kindergarden kids to paint them with water colors) everytime i look at the the there is another little scuff, nic, rock chip, this is the softest thinnest paint i've ever seen, 4 and a half years with the GTI and i had maybe 2 slightly noticable paint issues. last thing the gas this thing drinks no gulps, i have yet to get more than 18.3mpg on a tank and i've tried gunning it and and cuising, lead footed the whole time, driving like a osteoporosis ridden 90 year old woman..... is alittle over 20mpg too much to ask for, how is it other car makers can get power and mileage out of their cars and subaru can't

Welcome:)

Paint.....is that what you call the layer of film with color on it;)

As far a the mpg goes.....Time to get a Accessport...it will improve @ stage II+ I was getting 21.8 for a avg (mostly highway driving)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada when u said u were getting 21.8mpg highway was that before accessport stage 2+?? and can u give me alittle info on accessport what it does and how it does that and the stages..... and will my wife notice it and the money i spend on it????? mostly if she'll notices a difference in the car, the money i'll just tell her i spent it on coke and hookers . . .

and the paint since its of piss poor quality how long before i have to get a new paint job

I averaged around 20-21 with mix of city and hwy. I might as well have been driving an SUV. :lol: What you get for the nine or ten miles per gallon that you could get if you got a non-awd non-turbo car is worth the extra bucks at the pump. It only costs me $10-$15 more per week to drive my Pilot than it did to drive the Legacy and the Pilot has a bigger gas tank. The Pilot is just transportation though. The Legacy was a performance machine.

You'll never have to get a new paint job if you maintain this one. It's not like it is going to fall off or anything. You just need to learn to take care of it and not treat it like it is a single stage 1985 Totota or something. And believe me, you don't want to repaint it. To get a factory quality paint job can cost thousands of dollars. The paint is the most expensive part of your car to replace properly and you don't want to assume that you can just repaint it if you decide to neglect it. Take care of it and you won't have a problem.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yea, I have a feeling you could scratch this car with a feather. All paint these days sucks. My friends scion has chips and it's not even a year old as well.

As far as MPG... who cares? The smile that turbo puts on my face is worth 10 dollars more a week. More than that if you ask me actually.

Archived