LegacyGT.com

Who is the tallest person who owns a 05 Legacy?

6'3", I fit fine. although admittedly the WRX has more headroom than the Legacy does. But it's relative, because the WRX has a LOT of headroom. I still don't have any problems with the Legacy although I wish I were able to tilt the steering wheel up just a fraction more; it's not really an issue.

6ft 3" as well. I fit OK. I would have liked a steering column with in/out adjustment as I would ideally really like to have the seat a little further back than my arms position can handle. I didn't get the sunroof as it really made the headroom tight for me. Going to go with aftermarket leather.

[quote name='Limeydriver']6ft 3" as well. I fit OK. I would have liked a steering column with in/out adjustment as I would ideally really like to have the seat a little further back than my arms position can handle. I didn't get the sunroof as it really made the headroom tight for me. Going to go with aftermarket leather.[/quote] Same thing here..I would have liked a power telescoping steering wheel! But it is still not that big of a deal.

I'm 6'2" and would have liked to have seen a tilt/telescoping wheel, but I fit "ok". The wrx definitely DID have better headroom, and I also did not get the sunroof ultimately because I felt I couldn't spare the headroom. I'm not sure why so many biger cars (than the wrx) have much crappier headroom. That was a big + for the wrx.

6'2" and the car is a little tight for me. I would to be able to move the seat back an additional 2". The steering wheel position has been just fine and headroom is great. My only other complaint is that since owning this car I have had lower back pain. John

6'3" - headroom is a little tighter than the Passat I had before but so far it hasn't been a problem. Even without the telescoping wheel I was able to find a position I find quite comfortable. I have a track day coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm a little concerned about the fit with a helmet on. I'll probably have to scrunch down a bit in the seat.

There will never be a probem for me at 5'10. My passenger last night on our way to the Dodger game, however, made the car look tiny at 6'5. He couldn't push the seat all the way back because of my other 6'3 friend in the back seat. I think I need to find shorter friends.

I am 6'7'' and have about 0.5'' between my hard head and the roof. Being 6'7'' you have to develop a hard head. When I was first researching cars I narrowed it down to the Infiniti G35 and the Subaru Legacy GT based on interior dimensions. I was almost ready to order the G35 when the Legacy GTs started showing up. Needless to say the Legacy GT won. I ordered the Lecacy GT base version due to the 2'' intrusion of the moonroof. When I sat in the Ltd. I fit pretty good except for the rear corner of the moonroof which my head rested on for the whole test drive. I would like to, eventually, alter the seat rails to get another inch or so rear travel and get a spacer to extend the steering wheel. Joe

Archived