LegacyGT.com

Maine Forest Rally 7/20-7/22

Beanboy

Maine Forest Rally, 2006 Rally America National Rally Championship

The philosophy of the event is "We always enjoy ourselves."

The 2006 Maine Forest Rally will be a Friday/Saturday event counting toward the Rally America National Championship. There will be a Coefficient 2 Eastern Regional Rally on Friday and a Coefficient 3 Eastern Regional Rally on Saturday.

The MFR will consist of 10 special stages, ranging in length from 1/2 to 16 miles, with a total stage length of 95 miles. Friday's rally will consist of 4 stages - 28 miles; Saturday's rally will have 6 stages - 66 miles. Most stages will be run twice, with some repeated in various configurations. The last stage Friday evening may be run in darkness for some competitors. All stages are on gravel roads owned by DILLON LOGGING, SEVEN ISLANDS LAND CO. and LANDVEST. The roads range from medium fast two lane to narrower and twistier 1-1/2 lane.

Anybody going? Might take off Friday 7/21 and head on up to check it out.

This looks sweet! Funny to see the list of entrant cars - go Subie! (No LGT's or XT's ?!?)

It would be fun to go up and check it out. Unfortunately, I already have plans for next weekend. If you go, please post pics and a review of the event....

Anybody going? Might take off Friday 7/21 and head on up to check it out.

Let me know, either here or via PM, if you go. I *may* be able to swing Friday, but should deffinately be able to do Saturnday.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

my friend and i are heading up tomorrow morning and camping for the night at a local campground...

it'll be exciting to witness this first hand and i'm hoping that i'll get some good ideas for the rally prjoect my friend and i are about to start.

First time for a rally and with my p+s digital versus film, so the pics are so-so... Great fun, going to watch the whole event next year!

http://www.stinkyteapot.com/maineforestrally2006/images/maineforestrally2006_067.jpg

http://www.stinkyteapot.com/maineforestrally2006/images/maineforestrally2006_051.jpg

http://www.stinkyteapot.com/maineforestrally2006/images/maineforestrally2006_081.jpg

beanboy... i saw you up there. i was the black lgt that said hello as you were leaving through the sandpit area were stage I started.

spectating was kind of weak but my buddy actually knew the driver of the somerset subaru wrx (car 779 i believe) so we got to experience some of the cars and service stations up close and personal. he even got a ride in it at the sunday river service spot and said it pulls rediculously hard. i got some good ideas for my rally prjoect so overall it was a good weekend.

Archived