LegacyGT.com

DOH! Here's a tip for you.

Went out to my car to go home after work today. Hop in the seat and turn the key and nothing. The lights come on, the gauges sweep and the seat-belt idiot bell pesters, but no ignition. There isn't even any clicking from the starter solenoid. I could hear what sounded like the fuel pump but nothing else from the engine bay. I get out and check under the hood. Yup, the engine is still there. A buddy comes by and asks if I have it in park. I look at the shifter and look back at him like he must be stupid. I shifted to drive and then back to park just for giggles. I'll be dammed, it wasn't completely in park. I didn't think to check for the indicator in the dash. Now before you start flaming, I've never had this happen before in any car. I just wanted to pass along my experience in case any one else runs into this. All right I know I'm going to get flamed.

[quote name='Helfrick']Went out to my car to go home after work today. Hop in the seat and turn the key and nothing. The lights come on, the gauges sweep and the seat-belt idiot bell pesters, but no ignition. There isn't even any clicking from the starter solenoid. I could hear what sounded like the fuel pump but nothing else from the engine bay. I get out and check under the hood. Yup, the engine is still there. A buddy comes by and asks if I have it in park. I look at the shifter and look back at him like he must be stupid. I shifted to drive and then back to park just for giggles. I'll be dammed, it wasn't completely in park. I didn't think to check for the indicator in the dash. Now before you start flaming, I've never had this happen before in any car. I just wanted to pass along my experience in case any one else runs into this. All right I know I'm going to get flamed.[/quote] That feature is actually part of Subaru's "[b]D[/b]river [b]I[/b]gnored [b]P[/b]ark [b]S[/b]etting - [b]H[/b]alt [b]I[/b]gnition [b]T[/b]iming" immobilizer system. :P

[quote name='hodgeee']My dad did the same thing kind of, he forgot to put his foot on the brake before it would let him shift it out of park. It took him 4 tries until some kid came by and told him what to do. :lol:[/quote] LOL, WAY funny, Im sure yr Dad just wanted to crawl under the seat and disappear, great story. I hope yr Dad makes a full recover LOL.... Adam.

I once went to put the window down on the other side and it wouldn't work. The back one wouldn't wither. I'm pretty pissed. Then a little light goes off...I push the child safety button or whatever its called, and miraculously the problem is fixed! Must have hit it by mistake w/out realizing. Such things happen. I'm just glad I didn't take it back to the dealer...

[quote name='kenzo'][quote name='Helfrick']Went out to my car to go home after work today. Hop in the seat and turn the key and nothing. The lights come on, the gauges sweep and the seat-belt idiot bell pesters, but no ignition. There isn't even any clicking from the starter solenoid. I could hear what sounded like the fuel pump but nothing else from the engine bay. I get out and check under the hood. Yup, the engine is still there. A buddy comes by and asks if I have it in park. I look at the shifter and look back at him like he must be stupid. I shifted to drive and then back to park just for giggles. I'll be dammed, it wasn't completely in park. I didn't think to check for the indicator in the dash. Now before you start flaming, I've never had this happen before in any car. I just wanted to pass along my experience in case any one else runs into this. All right I know I'm going to get flamed.[/quote] That feature is actually part of Subaru's "[b]D[/b]river [b]I[/b]gnored [b]P[/b]ark [b]S[/b]etting - [b]H[/b]alt [b]I[/b]gnition [b]T[/b]iming" immobilizer system. :P[/quote] My favorite so far. That's kind of what it felt like.

Archived