LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy Questions.

Yayo

wuts up guys, couple questions....

I'm planning on gettin the 07 Spec B (hopefully) from what i've read in August, if you have to order them is there usually a mark-up price? or is it gonna run me round $36,000? hard to haggle much with new cars?

Can i order at the end of July or do i actually have to wait till August??

General Insurance question: If i put the car under my name does insurance have to be under my name as well?

thanks guys

Some dealers w/big heads will ask for MSRP+markup since you're approaching them very early into the MY07's. Definitely try to find a more reasonable dealer whose willing to order it at msrp or less (unlikely in latter case this early though) However, keep in mind that they won't be able to quote you a FINAL PRICE yet since the dealer itself does not have the final figures yet. Also I'm sure they're willing to take your order at this time and will submit it to its batch of orders when Subaru is ready to take 07 orders.

Lastly, you can have different names under title and insurance, provided the two have some sort of close relationship, ie spouse/father & son etc..

I'm planning on gettin the 07 Spec B (hopefully) from what i've read in August, if you have to order them is there usually a mark-up price? or is it gonna run me round $36,000?

its gonna run you somewhere in between whatever they can get out of you and whatever you are willing to pay

i.e., shop around and get quotes. remember, 2007 spec-b is not limited production, its an option.

You might just want to wait til they hit the lots and go to the dealer when they get there. Its not limited so you don't have to worry about them running out this year, and if you have multiple subaru dealers in your area I'm sure atleast one will get a spec b. Plus doing it that way doesn't make you look like you really really really want one.

I have one on order - the dealer was able to place the order through the Subaru on-line system, including options, 3+ weeks ago. That being said, now that I know it's not limited like last year, I may not take the one I've ordered unless they're willing to work with me on price and/or trade-in if I can't find a taker for my IS.

I'm planning on gettin the 07 Spec B (hopefully) from what i've read in August, if you have to order them is there usually a mark-up price? or is it gonna run me round $36,000? hard to haggle much with new cars?

You can order one now. The MSRP is $33,995 which is the same MSRP as the 2006 spec.B. You should negotiate on the basis of Dealer Invoice+$x. If they don't want to do that, try other dealers.

oh thats cool they're available now.... good to hear... i'm in Jersey and the majority say go to Wayne and ask for Chris... so i might do that.

hey ZrrBrrt what options were available for the Spec? what price was quoted.... so if u don't like the final price u'r not oblgated to buy even though it was ordered for u?

oh thats cool they're available now.... good to hear... i'm in Jersey and the majority say go to Wayne and ask for Chris... so i might do that.

hey ZrrBrrt what options were available for the Spec? what price was quoted.... so if u don't like the final price u'r not oblgated to buy even though it was ordered for u?

Options were noted in another thread. I don't remember all of them off the top of my head but:

• Rear spoiler
  • XM Radio
  • Alarm shock sensor
  • Dimming mirror with Homelink
  • Armrest extender

are some of them.

No price was given because nothing was in the system yet, so I've been waiting to see what it would be. Now that the info has been released, looks like $34,620 MSRP including destination (sans options), which is the same as last year.

And no, I'm under no obligation to buy the car that was ordered. And now that it's not a limited model, I probably won't unless the dealer is generous.

General Insurance question: If i put the car under my name does insurance have to be under my name as well?

thanks guys

1. Although the Spec.B returns as a regular production run for 2007...keep in mind that SOA only has plans of producing about 3000 a year.

2. No, there is no additional "mark-up" price if you have to special order the vehicle early. Although this depends largely on the dealership and the demand for the vehicle where you live.

3. Hard to haggle much with new cars? Yes it is.

Lastly,

4. You can order the vehicle NOW. Do not wait until August if you don't want to!

I don't think it's as hard as it used to be to haggle on new cars, a good dealer (e.g. higher volume) can usually do deals around invoice with negotiations since they still make the 3% holdback. Since there's so much information out there about what it costs the dealer they have to work with educated buyers. That said it's still no cakewalk and old-school rules still in-effect. :icon_mrgr

FYI cars101.com has invoice pricing for the b-spec:

Legacy GT Limited spec.B turbo sedan, manual 6spd transmission, Navigation

code: 7AS

MSRP: 33,995

w/dest: 34,620.

Invoice: 31,534

w/dest: 32,159.

As for options no subaru options need to be ordered from the factory (except nav and color), everything is bolt on and can be bought afterwards. Since all b-specs are the same color and have nav, you should be able to get it from avalible stock and not a factory special order.

I'd offer invoice and see what happens. Sometimes they'll go below invoice if they really want the deal, but at most dealers the holdback is sacred. Note that even though it's a limited to 3000 units that doesn't mean you can't get a good price. There were probably about that many 2005 LGT 5spd Wagons and I got below invoice.

If you can wait until they've got one on the lot that'll help since they've paid for it already. If they order one you probably won't get as good as a deal. Also early in the 07 MY they probably won't be as willing to negotiate. Definitely shop around and ask for quotes from any dealer within 250 miles, may times a local one will match the dealer far away. Check the your regional forum for good dealers. If not a one way one day car rental may be anywhere from $20 to $100.

As for insurance I don't think it matters but you must have proof of insurance, but it may vary from state-to-state. I'd ask.

Good luck!

As for options no subaru options need to be ordered from the factory (except nav and color), everything is bolt on and can be bought afterwards.
As for options, people should remember that those shown on the purchase invoice are covered by the 3yr/36K new car warranty while those installed afterwards, even by a dealer, are covered only by a 1yr warranty.

']As for options' date=' people should remember that those shown on the purchase invoice are covered by the 3yr/36K new car warranty while those installed afterwards, even by a dealer, are covered only by a 1yr warranty.[/quote']

I'm assuming that's for SOA options only? E.g. Dealer installed tint = only selling dealer covers (if at all).

Archived