LegacyGT.com

The story goeslike this... I had an '02 RSX-S that I absolutely loved. It was fast, handles good in the snow, and got great mileage as at I had to drive +50 miles one way to school. A guy I worked with had this thing and approached me to see if I wanted to do an even trade because he was selling both the Prelude and his winter driver ('95 Accord with 59,000 miles). I told him noway would I trade him even up but if he would through in the Accord as well, I'd think about it. He said done deal and we did the exchange. It was great from Day 1... The original licsense plate read "PNTYDPR".

The car needed work however. We had put an FMAX turbo kit when he had it and it really ripped but the turbo seal on the compressor had gone bad and was dumping oil into the plumbing and if you really got on it, so much would go through that it would damn near choke out. So it looked awesome but ran like sh%t until one day, the seal went completely and the engine blew from a lack of oil. I was weighing my options as to what I was gonna do next and decided to stay NA and found a dealer in NC that began the process of looking for a JDM engine for me. He finally gave me a call one day and said, "You're not gonna believe this, but we just had an H22A with Spoon components come in (rods, pistons, valves, and valve springs). They tested it out, said it ran great compression and so I bought it. I bascially just had bolt ons for aftermarket parts and had a VAFC-II installed and tuned and it dynoed at 193 to the wheels which is pretty stout for a NA 2.2 liter

The girl I had been dating wanted horses and for me to get a truck and so I eventually sold the car only to have the relationship take a sh*t about a week later. I wanted something that had performance and that I could tinker around with but a little less ricer-boy like thus I fell in love with the LGT.

OK, this was way long. Just thought I would explain the whole story.

Damn! 193 WHP on a H22 is pretty impressive. BTW, how hard was it for you to get a it? I mean, I just drove about 20 miles to a local importer and picked one up. "Dealer that began the process of looking for one".....sounds like more hassle than is really necessary.

Damn! 193 WHP on a H22 is pretty impressive. BTW, how hard was it for you to get a it? I mean, I just drove about 20 miles to a local importer and picked one up. "Dealer that began the process of looking for one".....sounds like more hassle than is really necessary.

Hey Dude... Thanks for the props. I had to leave for some training and wasn't gonna have any access to the internet/phone/the outside world for about 32 days and so while I was gone, he was talking with his supplier to make sure I would have an H22 available when I returned home. So by process I mean the actual task of finding, importing and then shipping one to me. Thanks again.

Archived