LegacyGT.com

RANT!!!! "WARNING KINDA LONG"

The world is full of idiots and rude bastards. By the time I finally decided to trade in my 99 Trans Am (which I owned for 4 years), it had about 10 door dings on it. :evil: Now whenever I go to the grocery store, or we go out to dinner on a busy weekend night, I take my wife's car. People say I'm going to freak out when the Legacy gets its first ding and, well, they're right. Its the one downside to buying a new car.

Have you ever had someone park so close to you that you just can't get into your car at all? I once in my vette had to remove the targa top to get in, luckily the windows were open. Another time, one parked within inches of my driver side, and someone parked within inches of the passenger side, meaning they had to get out of their car from their passenger side. I figured that one was a joke from coworkers, but twice now, I have busted peoples windows out with my crowbar for blocking me out of my car. Luckily I have not been busted for doing that, but I figure if they don't give a shat about me, then I don't give a shat about them. The arsholes probably didn't even know why they had their windows smashed. I know a lot of people would tell me that I am out of line for that, but honestly I don't care anymore. I go out of my way to be respectfull to people, and they just shat on you for it. I don't care if someone accidently does something wrong, like cutting me off, it happens. But I will not stand for or forgive someone for screwing with me. A door ding does not bother me even that much since I have accidently done it myself to others, and I do mean accidently, and DentWizard is freakin awesome and has gotten rid of everyone of my dings for $25 a pop.

[quote name='hodgeee']Have you ever had someone park so close to you that you just can't get into your car at all?[/quote] i had that a few times. if i have to get in from the passenger side and i am not in a good mood i may key the damn car or do something. when people park so close (intentionally or not) to other cars, they should be prepared for some "oooops". :evil:

This Space For Rent

[quote name='hodgeee']Have you ever had someone park so close to you that you just can't get into your car at all? I once in my vette had to remove the targa top to get in, luckily the windows were open. Another time, one parked within inches of my driver side, and someone parked within inches of the passenger side, meaning they had to get out of their car from their passenger side. I figured that one was a joke from coworkers, but twice now, I have busted peoples windows out with my crowbar for blocking me out of my car. Luckily I have not been busted for doing that, but I figure if they don't give a shat about me, then I don't give a shat about them. The arsholes probably didn't even know why they had their windows smashed. I know a lot of people would tell me that I am out of line for that, but honestly I don't care anymore. I go out of my way to be respectfull to people, and they just shat on you for it. I don't care if someone accidently does something wrong, like cutting me off, it happens. But I will not stand for or forgive someone for screwing with me. A door ding does not bother me even that much since I have accidently done it myself to others, and I do mean accidently, and DentWizard is freakin awesome and has gotten rid of everyone of my dings for $25 a pop.[/quote] While I would never do it, I think it serves them right. I have a friend with a Thunderbird SC which he has always babied. It looks like a brand new car. Anyways, he parked on the side of a Meijer (like a WalMart) so no one would park next to him. Well, a truck parks in front of him with his hitch touching his bumper. He was so pissed he broke out the truck's rear tail light. I know of another guy with a big truck that someone parked on the end of a parking lane (after the last spot) and blocked him in. He drove over their hood. Moral of the story, don't mess with other people's cars. I know there are enough people out there that WILL retaliate for parking too close, being an ass, etc...

Wow, after reading my reply, it makes me sound really cruel and evil. The funny thing is that all the people that know me say that I am like the nicest guy that never looses my temper. But even being a nice forgivefull person, everyone has their limits, and I must admit, when I loose my temper which usually takes an extreme amount of shat, I can't control myself, and that sometimes scares myself!

[quote name='ssaldana']I dont mean to sound sexist but women are typically the ones who do this. My girlfriend slammed her accord door into my dads bmw last week. ..... wow[/quote] WAPCE! :x [quote name='il collaudatore']The worst is college parking lots.[/quote] I can agree with that one! What sucks worse is that the UH lots are PACKED and you have no choice but to get what you can get!

[quote name='hodgeee']The funny thing is that all the people that know me say that I am like the nicest guy that never looses my temper. But even being a nice forgivefull person, everyone has their limits, and I must admit, when I loose my temper which usually takes an extreme amount of shat, I can't control myself, and that sometimes scares myself![/quote] Same here. It's gonna be extremely ugly when I am very pissed. :evil: I guess we need to take some anger management courses. :D

This Space For Rent

I still drive my 1993 Camry, with 230k miles but still in nice condition... When I went to the market a few weeks ago, I'm putting my groceries in the trunk of my car and some Indian prick (I'm part-Indian too so I have the right) decides to park next to me with his beater '73 Celica replete with rust and slams the side of my car with his 600 lb. door. I give him a look and he stares at me, barefaced... After he leaves, I spat on his car and oh well :D

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']That same sort of thing happened to my dads brand new car he was sitting in it parked and some obese lady comes and open the door into the side of his car and leaves a big dent and just says oh I'm sorry I didnt' see you there. Glad to hear there was no damage to your car though.[/quote] I'm glad I'm not alone. Similar thing happened while I was driving!! Some idiot ran into the back of me. It was a fair thump. I said to myself oh no!! Had a look and for the life of me I couldn't see any damage. I was pleasantly surprised. I asked the driver what happened. He said oh, I didn't see you. What the f*^%$! These drivers are idiots. Or do the new GTs have some kind of stealth technology we haven't been told about?

[quote name='fan42025'][quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']That same sort of thing happened to my dads brand new car he was sitting in it parked and some obese lady comes and open the door into the side of his car and leaves a big dent and just says oh I'm sorry I didnt' see you there. Glad to hear there was no damage to your car though.[/quote] I'm glad I'm not alone. Similar thing happened while I was driving!! Some idiot ran into the back of me. It was a fair thump. I said to myself oh no!! Had a look and for the life of me I couldn't see any damage. I was pleasantly surprised. I asked the driver what happened. He said oh, I didn't see you. What the f*^%$! These drivers are idiots. Or do the new GTs have some kind of stealth technology we haven't been told about?[/quote] Only the black ones, or so I've heard...

i had something happen like that only the results were not as lucky as some of the rest of yours. i had parked the car in a spot in the back of the parking lot there were 3 spots on each side and behind was open. as luck would have it an 80's volvo parked behind me so damn close their license plate scratched the back, the car was 8 days old. the part that really got me mad was just as i got to the car they left, they didn't leave note at all. i was fuming. there are now 3 tiny scratches on my back bumper i have yet to go get touch up paint.

Im at the freehold mall yesterday when a rusty 80's pickup parks right next to me...Im allowing my turbo to cool down so im still in the car....the guy gets out and SLAMS his door right into the passenger side door....i couldn't believe it because he made eye contact with me before he even opened his door. Like the first post said... i was optimistic and kept my cool but if there was a scratch it'd be over....Luckly not 1 mark...i was never so happy about being so pissed.

Archived