LegacyGT.com

RANT!!!! "WARNING KINDA LONG"

Okay boys and girls the Maniac has a rant.. Today I went to my local Starbucks to get my caffine fix.. I am a paronoid bastich when it comes to my car and parking lots... Too many bad experiences and lots of trauma.. So I park as far away as humanly possible from other cars..PERIOD. But this time, the spaces in front of the Starbucks were clear.. :o not a car in sight! So I go in orderd my grande latte and headed back to my B4. I am sitting in my B4 listing to Linkin Park..chillen drinking my latte..when A black VW Bettle comes and parks RIGHT BESIDE ME.. Did I not say..there were no other cars in the MILLIONS of spots around me. I look dead at the driver, cuz I know they were going to opean their door right on my car.. It was a car full of highschool kids..and I heard one of them yell to the brats in the car " Don't bang my car when you get out." As soon as the driver gets out..He slams his door into my side mirror. I was livid.. But I decided to keep my cool..I got out..and decided to check for damage..if there was no damage I will let the kid go..if there was damge..kids Daddy would be shelling out big time.. :evil: Lucky for the brat there wasn't even as scratch.. :D Man, people have no respect! B4_Maniac

I am also very careful when parking because of bad experience (my former Legacy had a lot of dings in the doors ...). But is really odd. If you are alone on a wide open parking lot without any other (or only a few) car, you can bet that another moron parks right beside your car. Indeed weird. :roll: So take care of your car - don't let them smash their doors into your nice Subaru. :)

[quote name='Flo4Legacy']But is really odd. If you are alone on a wide open parking lot without any other (or only a few) car, you can bet that another moron parks right beside your car. Indeed weird. :roll: [/quote] Maybe it's because people are supposed to be "social" animals. Who knows. But yeah, it's a strange thing.

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Okay boys and girls the Maniac has a rant.. Today I went to my local Starbucks to get my caffine fix.. I am a paronoid bastich when it comes to my car and parking lots... Too many bad experiences and lots of trauma.. So I park as far away as humanly possible from other cars..PERIOD. But this time, the spaces in front of the Starbucks were clear.. :o not a car in sight! So I go in orderd my grande latte and headed back to my B4. I am sitting in my B4 listing to Linkin Park..chillen drinking my latte..when A black VW Bettle comes and parks RIGHT BESIDE ME.. Did I not say..there were no other cars in the MILLIONS of spots around me. I look dead at the driver, cuz I know they were going to opean their door right on my car.. It was a car full of highschool kids..and I heard one of them yell to the brats in the car " Don't bang my car when you get out." As soon as the driver gets out..He slams his door into my side mirror. I was livid.. But I decided to keep my cool..I got out..and decided to check for damage..if there was no damage I will let the kid go..if there was damge..kids Daddy would be shelling out big time.. :evil: Lucky for the brat there wasn't even as scratch.. :D Man, people have no respect! B4_Maniac[/quote] I had the same experience Labor Day weekend. My folks were parked in front of me and I was about to get in when the person next to me opened their SUV door and *wham* right into my mirror, before I could react, I see my folks all ready to rumble - lol. I looked at the mirror - no sign of any impact - nothing at all. Luck I suppose. Thank God. I would've been sick, especially how long I waited to get a new car. - Mike

Guest *Jedimaster*
A week or so ago I detailed my car and already found some scratches in the paint on the door moldings. I'm also very anal about where I park. In this case, I know it was my coworkers who opened their door. I have a designated spot up front at work- you'd think that would make people more considerate. This kind of reminds me of when you go to the movies- I go a lot and I like to go by myself because my wife likes to talk and I hate missing dialogue- I'll sit in the middle of the third row of a mostly empty theatre and where do people sit? Right next to me or in front or behind me. If someone tries to sit next to me, I tell them they might not want to because someone spilled a soda on that seat.

Man, let me tell you guys about my work parking spot..I work for a huge company..big building tons of parking... I park all the way in the back and walk like 5 minutes to the building.. I park next to two M3's and a 3rd Gen RX7 FD.. We all group together so the no one can ding out cars. People will actuly go out of their way to park next to us.. Can you belive that..we purposly park AS FAR AWAY AS WE CAN..and people with their Jetta's and Accourds will park next to us.. I CAN'T WIN!!

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Man, let me tell you guys about my work parking spot..I work for a huge company..big building tons of parking... I park all the way in the back and walk like 5 minutes to the building.. I park next to two M3's and a 3rd Gen RX7 FD.. We all group together so the no one can ding out cars. People will actuly go out of their way to park next to us.. Can you belive that..we purposly park AS FAR AWAY AS WE CAN..and people with their Jetta's and Accourds will park next to us.. I CAN'T WIN!![/quote] Haha, that's funny. They just want to feel special next to all those beautiful cars!! :D
-ben

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Man, let me tell you guys about my work parking spot..I work for a huge company..big building tons of parking... I park all the way in the back and walk like 5 minutes to the building.. I park next to two M3's and a 3rd Gen RX7 FD.. We all group together so the no one can ding out cars. People will actuly go out of their way to park next to us.. Can you belive that..we purposly park AS FAR AWAY AS WE CAN..and people with their Jetta's and Accourds will park next to us.. I CAN'T WIN!![/quote] The only time I'll park my Taurus next to high-priced cars is if there aren't many spots to choose from. I mean, which owner do you expect to be more careful when opening their door . . . the owner of a rusting '85 Buick Century or the owner of a M3? But yeah, if there are a lot of spots I'll just find myself one away from everyone else.

I thought I was the only one that anal about where I park. I park very far away on an end spot because most of the time it's the lazy people that park close and end up dinging your car. My wife even parks far enough away, now that I convinced her. My buddy bought a brand new truck a few years back and parked far away from the entrance at Wal-Mart. Some kid purposely pushed a shopping carriage into it and luckily somebody got the plate # of the car he was in and the kid got busted. Anyone see the commercial for touch up paint where the's a car parked in the middle of an empty parking lot? A big bomber of a car comes squeeling in the lot and parks right next to the car and slams the door into it? My wife laughs and said that would be my car. I don't see to see the humor in it. :evil:

[quote name='jedimaster']This kind of reminds me of when you go to the movies- I go a lot and I like to go by myself because my wife likes to talk and I hate missing dialogue- I'll sit in the middle of the third row of a mostly empty theatre and where do people sit? Right next to me or in front or behind me. If someone tries to sit next to me, I tell them they might not want to because someone spilled a soda on that seat.[/quote] Everybody Loves Ramon.... errrr... I mean Jedi. :laugh:

This Space For Rent

That same sort of thing happened to my dads brand new car he was sitting in it parked and some obese lady comes and open the door into the side of his car and leaves a big dent and just says oh I'm sorry I didnt' see you there. Glad to hear there was no damage to your car though.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Just the other day, I was in the parking lot of a local park eating my lunch. No other cars around me. This lady drives up and parks next to me, I mean really, really close! While I looked around at all the other empty spots, wondering why she neglected all of them, I heard a big thump on my side door. This lady just swung open her car door as if my vehicle was not even there. As she came out, she realized I was sitting in the car. That's when she said, "Oops! sooorry!". Fortunately for me, I did not find any dent where she hit my car. I just gave her the silent treatment and got back in my car.

I hope none of you take up two spaces. Especially in a space in front of the store. I was at a grocery store one time and I noticed a accord sedan that took up two spaces, 1, 2 spaces away from the handicapped spot- that's how close the car was. That's just disrespectful, but I don't think much of it. So I go in, buy my things, and walk out. Now somebody parked right next to the accord on the drivers side and thoughtfully left 2in. The driver walks out, and it's looks like one of those fat office worker ladies that are overstressed. She sees this and goes off- yelling cursing, everything! So she had to go in through the passenger side door and crawl over the transmission tunnel to get the car. As she's making the journey inside to the driver's seat, she just went crazy and pounded her fists into the car, bouncing up and down, and the car was bouncing like people were getting it on. Serves her right and I applaud whoever did that.

1998. First new Subaru, parked next to a Land Rover at Tysons' Galleria. lady comes out of Nieman Marcus, goes to the passenger side, throws open the door to put her bags in, takes a nice big chunk out of my driver's door runner. From halfway across the parking lot, I can see the black gouge on my silver car. She looks at it, crosses over to the driver's side, gets in, and drives off. Doh.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I was waiting for my wife to get out of a store- I don't shop, if avoidable- and this woman whacks her door into my wife's car. Like really hard- not even an "Oops, it got away from me" kind of thing. So I jumped out and she gives me this "What do [i]you[/i] want" look. So I got her license and insurance. Wife didn't want to pursue it, but I was friggin' pissed! Another time I had my Trans Am at a garage for an inspection and there was a shelf full of tools next to it. Not bolted down. You know the rest.

[quote name='Mindflayer']1998. First new Subaru, parked next to a Land Rover at Tysons' Galleria. lady comes out of Nieman Marcus, goes to the passenger side, throws open the door to put her bags in, takes a nice big chunk out of my driver's door runner. From halfway across the parking lot, I can see the black gouge on my silver car. She looks at it, crosses over to the driver's side, gets in, and drives off. Doh.[/quote] Oh dude..I got you beat there... My first Legacy..2001 Black GT..non-limited.. I was coming out of a CVS..and I saw this lady who was going through her purse had put her drink and her keys on the spoiler and and was leaning up against the back of it going through her purse. I LIE TO YOU NOT! I walked up to her and aksed her and said "Can I help you?" She looked up at me with this blank stare like she didn't know why I was talking to her.. and I go "This is my car.." She goes... uhhh..I am sorry.. pics up her crap and walks on.. :o Can you belive that? Oh man, I shudder every time I go to Cost Co..the parkeing lot is so narrow..and people just leave carts all over the place.. I am always worried about my car when I am shopping.

The worst is college parking lots. After going through that with my then new car, now... honestly, I care, but I don't let it ruin my day. It happens. Even with a new car, I still might park away from everybody the first month or so, but after awhile I just want to get a nice spot. It's going to happen, no matter what. The more you try to prevent it, the more you set yourself up to be supremely disappointed when that day comes. So just enjoy the car.

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Oh dude..I got you beat there... My first Legacy..2001 Black GT..non-limited.. I was coming out of a CVS..and I saw this lady who was going through her purse had put her drink and her keys on the spoiler and and was leaning up against the back of it going through her purse. I LIE TO YOU NOT! I walked up to her and aksed her and said "Can I help you?" She looked up at me with this blank stare like she didn't know why I was talking to her.. and I go "This is my car.." She goes... uhhh..I am sorry.. pics up her crap and walks on.. :o Can you belive that?[/quote] As I was walking toward my Forester one summer night, I saw this woman sitting :o on its hood chatting with another person. She saw me coming but didn't move her butt until I opened the door!!! Then she said "oh is this your car?", with a smile... even her 3yrs old kept telling her to get up when he saw me. My Forester had a hood deflector. women... -_-

This Space For Rent

Archived