LegacyGT.com

Is $360 too much for a Spring swap?

That's awesome mccorry, I almost went with the H-techs! In fact, I would have, if I didn't get such a great deal on the pinks:icon_bigg

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What up local! :D Are you gonna come out to any meets around the area? I'm trying to see what the pinks look like on a Sedan in person. I've been fighting back modding (deosn't everyone at first? :p) but I saw these on uberwagon's wagon and they had that very minimal drop that I liked. Keep us posted! :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Interesting....

My local shop called Cobb Tuning and the tech said the STI Pinks don't work on the Legacys......are they smoking crack over there at Cobb?

All you have to do is trim a 1/4 inch of the bump stop in the front to fit them in right?

Interesting....

My local shop called Cobb Tuning and the tech said the STI Pinks don't work on the Legacys......are they smoking crack over there at Cobb?

All you have to do is trim a 1/4 inch of the bump stop in the front to fit them in right?

They work, but the were designed with the JDM struts in mind. Most people like them, but I picked iON's because they were designed to be use with the USDM struts and the front springs are progressive.

That might be the case. Cobb generally knows what they're talking about. They probably just misunderstood the question.

Is there anything special you have to do to make the JDM springs work with USDM struts?

• 2 weeks later...

The total ended up being $184.29! Half of what the dealership quoted! Anyway so far the Pinks are a big improvement! Pinks + Cusco F/R Sways are a perfect combination, and the car handles great now. There is a little more bumpiness to the ride, but nothing too bad really. The performance gained is worth it.

The springs are mostly settled, but not completely (The back end is still a little too high). Maybe it really does take two weeks instead of one? I was going to get an alignment this week, but perhaps I'll hold off for another week......

DD- Great news! Glad you like it. I'm thinking of this same route... Cusco RSB and Pinks. I want a tiny bit lower and more controlled ride but I don't want to sacrifice too much or end up with the "slammed" look. Where did you pick yours up at and are they the STi Pinks or the Spec.B pinks... I'm a little confused from reading on here what's ok with what on the USDM GT struts or if there's any real diff in the two above pink springs. Thanks buddy! :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

DD- Great news! Glad you like it. I'm thinking of this same route... Cusco RSB and Pinks. I want a tiny bit lower and more controlled ride but I don't want to sacrifice too much or end up with the "slammed" look. Where did you pick yours up at and are they the STi Pinks or the Spec.B pinks... I'm a little confused from reading on here what's ok with what on the USDM GT struts or if there's any real diff in the two above pink springs. Thanks buddy! :D

Hey LGTLT,

I got them from MPJ peformance: http://legacygt.com/forums/vendor-classifieds/36315-sti-pink-springs-legacy.html. $350 shipped! Shipping was fast too!

I believe these are just the regular STI Pinks, not the spec b pinks. It won't look slammed, but it did lower my Sedan more than I thought it would. I was expecting a 15mm drop, what I got was more around 22mm. A perfect visual reference would be going from a 4 finger gap (from the top of each tire to the wheelwell) to a 2 finger gap. Definitely a more controlled ride, it stays nice and flat through a hard corner, it did with just the sways, but even more so now with the springs.

As I said above, the rear is mostly settled, but it could come down just a pinch more. I wonder if putting something heavy in the trunk would speed things along quicker? Anyone know?

I would love pics! :D I really wanted to see what the drop looks like on stock wheels, are you still stock? I don't have the money to go and redo the whoooollle car so I'm looking at $ per mod with the most return. :) I've found some spec.B pinks for $300 shipped, now I just have to find out if there's a difference... I think uberwagon is on spec.B pinks but he's got the Bilstiens also.

Yup I'm still stock. I decided wheels are not a high priority right now. For one, I really like the stock wheels on our cars (more so than any other stock wheels on comparable cars in our range). I'll get new wheels eventually, but I would rather finish off the Exhaust & brakes 1st.

I'll snap those pics on my lunch here in about 2 hours or so and post them. Just excuse the cleanliness of my car, it's been over a week since I washed it lol:icon_mrgr

Ok, I managed to snap two pics and resize them before I had to return to work:

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=1696

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=1697

Now, you mentioned JDM Spec b springs, so the drop might be different on those. I think there is a thread that clarifies that here somewhere.

Wow, that is a slammed look. I like it though. :) I have found a thread that I resurected and it appears that the only diff is the stiffness of them. Spec.B is a bit stiffer supposedly. Still trying to get it straightened out...

You think that is slamed you should see swifts :lol:

It goes this way...STi SpecB Pinks are stiffer than GT pinks. Will you notice the difference if you rode in both back to back...I give it 50/50 in a blind study.

They are a good price, I thought about getting them. If you got the cash do it. If you want the GT ones pay the extra $50, will you notice a difference probably not. Neither are matched to the US struts so neither will be “perfect”. Will the woman bit bitch way, yes.

It's definitely more than a half inch lower than stock. I didn't think it would be THAT low lol. But I still have plenty enough ground clearance though. I thought for sure I would scrape the front bumper (underneath) coming down my buddies steep driveway the other day, but it didn't. If I cleared that driveway, then everything else I come across should be fine lol (the driveway is pretty extreme lol!)

rclark: JESUS!!! Now you come in and tell me? :iam: Where have you been the last 587435671934 posts I've made about finding out the difference?????????????? :confused::p:lol:

Archived