LegacyGT.com

Good Price for a Leftover '05 OB XT???

WRXTeamDFL

OK, so I found a dealer that has 2 leftover '05 Outback 2.5 XT Ltd. w/ manual transmission. The one I'm looking at is Garnet Red Pearl and the only add on is the auto dimming rearview mirror. It's got 66 miles on the odometer.

The price they quoted me for it is $24,974 + tax and tags.

Do you guys think that's a good price? I personally think it is. I think they're desperate to get rid of it because it's pretty much a 2-year leftover with the '07s coming in soon. Should I be a ball buster and see what else I can get out of the dealer?

Ken

Yep, GRP is an awesome color. Get tint on the windows and it'll look extra hot.

Check edmunds.com to see what a 2005 used OB-XT 5MT would cost with only 66 miles on it--that'll let you know what the depreciation hit will be as soon as the tires hit the street.

Edmunds puts it at $25,492 dealer retail and $26,729 CPO.

So I guess I'm getting a pretty fair deal.

Oh, and I was planning on tinting the windows. My wife has a Atlantic Blue Pearl legacy wagon w/ tinted windows and it looks great!

I bought the same car in February of this year; MSRP was 31,100; paid 24,500 without tax and tags. Bought at Rally Subaru in Windsor Locks, CT; they were more than fair. Ask for Dave Shoemaker.

last year (8/05) my bro negotiated to $27000 for his auto OBXT so i figure another year's depreciation would put it right in the $24K area. remember the auto cost an extra grand so getting manual you should negotiate it down more.

Archived