EQ Tuning

hyphyee

subaman 24

Flanders <-- Second No Go

scotty

toasteeroastee

DrewP

Lazy660

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who: Any one that loves Subaru’s

What: A get together for a big BBQ and a DRIVE

When: Saturday August 5th 2006 10:00 a.m. SHARP

Where: Pena Adobe / Lagoon Valley park in Vacaville

Why: Have not figured that out yet if any one does let me know

How: It’s a you bring money food is already there.

Let me splane. This is the third time for a BBQ at this place. We are going to change it up a little from the last time we had one. This time we will drive before we BBQ. The first couple of times we had about 20 or so cars show up. What I want to have happen is four or five people buy the food. We are talking simple stuff hotdogs/bratwurst, hamburgers, buns, charcoal, pop and ice that’s it. Also we will need someone to bring the coolers and grilling supplies, I have a set that I will bring, but from experience we need two. For everyone else it will be "like" a two dollar entry fee. That way, if the local people buy the food we can keep it at one person's house to be picked up after the drive. This would also give people peace of mind knowing that there is nothing in thier car sliding around.

I will need to know who is planning on showing up so we know how much food to buy. Then I will need four or five local guys to step up an help with buying the food. I will keep a running list of who is doing what.

Here's how it’s going to work. We will drive and then go to the park and cook the food. We will need everyone that is going on the drive to show up at Lagoon Park at 1000 with a 1030 departure. If you are not there by 1030 we will leave without you! The drive will take right around an hour and 45min. The route has already been set with two groups; a aggressive group and a fast group. The aggressive group will be led by someone that has already driven the route and I will need a volunteer for that. I will lead the second group which will drive at a slower pace then the aggressive group. There will be one stop along the way to let the cars cool a little and for us to get out and stretch. There will be NO planned stop to get gas. So get it before you get to the park.

FYI, I will not be held responsible for any thing that may go wrong on this drive. If you go, you go know full well that some thing may go wrong. We will do everything with in our power to make sure some thing does not happen.

Here is the lovely map I made.

Green is the starting point.

Yellow is where we will stop and call this half way.

Red is where the drive will end. Then back to the park, which is right up the road.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/Mapwkey.jpg

I will post this across alot of forums iwsti.com, i-club.com, clubwrx.net, rs25.com and nasioc.com but not before we get it all set in stone. Everyone that wanted a Saturday meet is getting one and this is right in the middle of Sac and San Fran areas. Let me know what you think.

Check the link for a map of the palce insert link here you will have to zoom out a little too.

Here a description of the Park that I got from cityofvacaville.com

Lagoon Valley Park

Pena Adobe Road just off of Interstate 80

The 470 acre park includes the historic Pena Adobe home, barbecue areas, horseshoe pit, multi-purpose field, bike trails, a small pond, excellent hiking, Lagoon Valley Lake for fishing and non-motorized boating. The park also features a 30,000 square foot fenced in dog park complete with trees, water and trash receptacles.

Plenty of parking 300 spots, if I counted right.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0863.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0862.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0866.jpg

Sounds like a blast. Will talk to the better half and see if we can make it. Also I will try and get some of the Santa Cruz folks to come out.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

update, some people added

While I won't be in the area at the date, I'm curious how the drive is. Any elevation changes? Twisty? It looks like it is sort of by the looks of the map.

Yes and yes. The first leg of the drive is less twisty then the second half. Not saying the first isn't twisty. Its just the second part is wicked twisty. Plus there are all types of elevation changes.

Sounds like a blast. Will talk to the better half and see if we can make it. Also I will try and get some of the Santa Cruz folks to come out.

So did you get the good word yet?

also who ever wants to they can bring athletic equipment so that we will hvae something to do because we will be there all day. The reason for the drive early in the morning is so that after the drive we can just relax have fun and get to know everyone.

If you have not been on this drive yet or have not heard of it here are some links of pictures that were taken:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...light=BBQ+pics

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...light=BBQ+pics

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...light=bbq+pics

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...oon+valley+bbq

we hope that more people will come back from the past meets and we welcome new comers. we will see you guys there.

Here are some pic's from the last event.

update, some people added

Yes and yes. The first leg of the drive is less twisty then the second half. Not saying the first isn't twisty. Its just the second part is wicked twisty. Plus there are all types of elevation changes.

So did you get the good word yet?

Here are some pic's from the last event.

Linky no worky

We Should know after next week.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

It's definitely a fun drive. There are a lot of roads to the north west that isn't heavily traveled or monitored by CHP. The stretch between Lake Solano and Moscowitz corner is heavily traveled by trucks towing boats especially on the weekends.

If you have not been on this drive yet or have not heard of it here are some links of pictures that were taken:

Pics from the BBQ 3-4-06 - IWSTI.com

STi BBQ Pics 11-12-05 *fixed* - IWSTI.com

i-Club -- Forums - Post your pics from todays BBQ meet (3/4/06)

i-Club -- Forums - Saturday Nov 12th BBQ for Subaru enthusiasts

Sorry here are some that work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok more people have been added.

I know what a subscribe is but what the hell is a lazy subscribe?

And for you guys and gals that have yet to decide if you are going; the sooner you find out the better. It will allow us to figure out how much food will be needed so we can get a price back to you.

scotty, el3ment and leggtnut whats going on with you guys will you be able to make it?

:) Lazy Subscribe: Just post a quick reply to the thread & I'm subscribed to it... especially easy since I am already at the bottom of the thread. Otherwise I'd have to scroll to the top, click "Thread Tools", then click "Subscribe to this thread", then go through the "confirmation" page... OMG, what a pain!
"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

In this day in age we have become really lazy.

The names have been updated once again.

If you are not 100% that you are going to make it on this drive/bbq I NEED TO KNOW. I will be calling all the players that are bringing food and we need to know how much to buy. So if next to your name it says attempting to make it you need to tell me if you are or not. The old phrase s hit or get off the pot.

In this day in age we have become really lazy.

The names have been updated once again.

If you are not 100% that you are going to make it on this drive/bbq I NEED TO KNOW. I will be calling all the players that are bringing food and we need to know how much to buy. So if next to your name it says attempting to make it you need to tell me if you are or not. The old phrase s hit or get off the pot.

First post is updated again and I just added a lot of names. To say the least I am impressed. However I need the people with attempting to make it next to their names to tell me if in fact they will make it.

If anyone is fuzzy about how to get there please pm me and I will give you my cell # and will try to explain it a little more.

Also for everyone that is going on the drive please stop and get gas before you get to the park. We will NOT be stopping for fuel before we start the drive.

I will try to update the first post every night this week. And for those of you that have questions please ask.

Why is it that legacygt.com gives me the MOST trouble when trying to edit my post. Every other site copy and paste works just fine but here OOOO no not here. Ok end of rant. Its just the font is killing me.

Ok the first post has been updated. I have added a couple more names. There will be one more update at the end of the day. So if you are still planning on going PLEASE LET US KNOW! Today is the day we buy the food. If we dont have enough then you will just be $hit out of luck.

O and we still need a couple of coolers. If you can bring one please let me know, thanks.

Archived